account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Insane battery drain for nougat

Apprentice
Message 291 of 300
Message 291 of 300

Re: Insane battery drain for nougat

Hello Everybody

in my case, solved by turning off the automatic brightness in the screen options. Now the battery lasts almost 2 days again

I hope this has helped you

Bye

Learner
Message 292 of 300
Message 292 of 300

@asvaberg wrote:

My Z5 Compact - very good stand-by time now.

Phone not been in active use but powered on and with 4G on.

Since last charge: 14 days!

Remaining battery: 13% , 1 day 8 hours

Screenshot_20171204-072913.png

Hi asvaberg,

And what exactly did you do to achieve this glorious battery life?

Reminds me of my Z3 compact.

I'm thinking of going to Lineage as I've heard there are some fixes available. - http://smartstocknews.com/26316-getting-battery-drain-after-sony-nougat-update-heres-solution/

Apprentice
Message 293 of 300
Message 293 of 300

Well - the phone has only been switched on and not in active use, as I said:

"Phone not been in active use but powered on and with 4G on."

No calls, no messages, no browsing, no musicplay etc etc.

This is my back-up phone now.

I just wanted to do a check how the stand-by time was working and how long it would last on one single charge. It managed 15 days!

I will also test how the stand-by time is on ultra-STAMINA-modus. I am hoping for 3 weeks..... Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 294 of 300
Message 294 of 300

Well, this is strange.

I've tested the ultra-STAMINA-modus, still on stand-by (only 4G on, wi/fi off, not used the phone), and the battery lasted shorter than on normal-battery-modus.......12 days!

Learner
Message 295 of 300
Message 295 of 300

Hi everybody. If you guys are still experiencing around 1% per minute whilst pretty much doing nothing on your phone, I managed to solve this on my phone with some steps I read around the place.

The things I can remember doing are:

Turning off WiFi and Bluetooth scanning - settings/location/(3dots in top right of screen) turn them off.

Install greenify - this stops apps working in the background.

Turn off adaptive brightness - not sure if this is essential but I've done it anyway.

Let me know if any of these help.

P.s if I'm using YouTube or playing some game the battery will still drain reasonably fast, but this is expected, and isn't radically fast.

Message 296 of 300
Message 296 of 300

It is a problem with kernel. Kernel is active in stand by, in ultrastamina, in airplanemode. Of course some settings can help you reduce in some way the battery drain but the kernel takes around 0.7 - 0.8% / our no matter what you do.

The problem occurs when you wipe you TA partition. I heard no easy way to solve this. There some threads on XDA and there is Lineage as an alternative but it's not quite for beginners. I've entered bootloop for 2 or 3 times, so I stopped trying. Better charge the phone every evening no matter how up is the battery

One time poster
Message 297 of 300
Message 297 of 300

Screenshot_20180316-183854.png

Turning off printing services improved my battery a bit. Getting 4 hours of screen time now... 

Apprentice
Message 298 of 300
Message 298 of 300

after several tests disconnecting the automatic brightness, activating stamina, and taking into account the problems with the Album app, the lags in Whatsapp, the slowness of the camera ... Finally I decided to downgrade the version to MM 6.0.1 (32.2. A.5.11). I think it's the best solution. I only lose the quick change of apps (double tap on the menu button) and the split screen (I do not use it). The battery lasts about 35-40 hours with normal use, and the performance of the terminal is much better.

I can not understand how Sony leaves with so many bugs a 'high-end' terminal as the Z5 series, only to have spent 2 years since the launch. This, together with the change in design (something that differentiated it from other manufacturers) and having removed the audio jack in the latest models make me think better when I go to renew my smartphone

regards

One time poster
Message 299 of 300
Message 299 of 300

isn't it sad that XDA-developers has custom kernels with fixes for this ? 

Sony.. just read what they do and fix your firmwares..

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 300 of 300
Message 300 of 300

I've had 2 problems since i upgraded my Z5c to android 7.

My camera did not focus in any camera app, except when i used WhatsApp camera function.

And my battery drain was as horrible as with all of you here.

My wife, using a normal Z5, only had a batty drain issue. Both phones drained in under 16 hours, even when not in use.

As for my phone; sony replaced, under manufacture warranty, the camera. Speedy service (only 5 work days between sending, repairing and recieving the phone). Very nicely done!

They also addressed the battery issue by installing the latest android software.

I was happy my camera worked like it should, but the battery drain remain.

Somewhere i have read that putting the phone network (data link) on 3G+ might stop the drain.

I tried that (my phone calls it WCDMA as preferential network setting), android version of my wife's Z5 calls it 3G+.

On both phones we now have a normal battery use. In standby time my phone uses 1.7% of the battery capacity per hour (average measured over 97 hours with AccuBattery)

Same results apply for the Z5 of my wife.

For my wife and me the option worked great.

I hope you guys will get the same results!