account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Insane battery drain for nougat

Highlighted
Regular
Message 271 of 300
Message 271 of 300

Re: Update problem

i am so sick of sony's poor and slow development ! 

i am ready to volunteer at sony to solve this if they dont have enough money to hire developers ...

the only reason i buy sony's is the hardware .... but software is always not quit promising

they should remove the 2 days battery life* from the introduction , and put: only by factory android L 

-___-

Enthusiast
Message 272 of 300
Message 272 of 300

Re: Insane battery drain for nougat

Message 265 above is when I cured mine, and it's been fine ever since! Run it that way for months. I can't disagree switching everything off will save battery, but I suppose it's how smart you want your smartphone!

I promise mines cured, and I have everything, including location services on!

Good luck

Adviser
Message 273 of 300
Message 273 of 300

M11K, congratulations upon resolving the issue on your phone. Despite the fact that oreo will never hit our device class, has anyone gotten to install an oreo package through any unofficial means? If so, how is the experience thus far? 

Adept
Message 274 of 300
Message 274 of 300

Re: Update problem

How have you been able to deactivate applications like What's new or Support ?

Apprentice
Message 275 of 300
Message 275 of 300

My Z5 Compact - very good stand-by time now.

Phone not been in active use but powered on and with 4G on.

Since last charge: 14 days!

Remaining battery: 13% , 1 day 8 hours

Screenshot_20171204-072913.png

One time poster
Message 276 of 300
Message 276 of 300

Have the same issue, I have used Sony companion to repair and reset the mobile on two separate occasions and Bluetooth is still causing 95% battery drain. It was good until the 7.1 upgrade and now awful. I have searched forums and without sifting through 100's of posts I can't find an answer that resolves the issue.

One time poster
Message 277 of 300
Message 277 of 300

Same problem, on my Xperia Z5 Compact...

Sometimes gets incredibly warm bordering on Hot.

Battery status suggests High screen use and other times High Phone idle (25%) - at least, that seems pretty high for 'Idle'.

Phone has already been sent away for review and repair once (they found a number of software issues - not sure where they came from)

A bit of info below:

Build: 32.4.A.1.54

Android Version 7.1.1

a Pretty screen shot from this morning - nothing excessive, a bit of light browsing and a 25 min phone call. Should battery have dropped that much from 100%?!?!

T.I.A - Lee

Screenshot (17 Dec 2017 10_49_13).jpg

One time poster
Message 278 of 300
Message 278 of 300

Re: Battery drain

Sent my phone back, battery replaced... Was fine for a few months and now the same issue! 99% battery drain in 4 hours from Bluetooth...which I wasn't even using! 

Enthusiast
Message 279 of 300
Message 279 of 300

Re: Battery drain

I promise I had the same issue for weeks. I also had my battery replacement, this did nothing.

See my post no. 265 above I really have cured mine months on, good luck

Mike

Message 280 of 300
Message 280 of 300

Think there is only the way to get this out either uninstall the naugat and get 6.0 or get the latest update 8.0 or change the brand because we spend much more only for brand otherwise the some brands have the same configuration at much low price but somewhere we chooses the brand not value of money but we have some expectations from brand that's why that is brand