account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Insane battery drain for nougat

Inhabitant
Message 181 of 300
Message 181 of 300

Re: Insane battery drain for nougat

You re genius! On this post dozens users and me couldnt think that!?

Sony Xperia Z5 Smartphone Owner / Software Developer
elementary OS
NuPIC
Highlighted
Learner
Message 182 of 300
Message 182 of 300

Xperia Z5 battery drain Nougat Update "Phone Idle"

After updating the android on my Sony Xperia Z5 to nougat, my battery life has been severely affected. The battery drains without use of device, with the highest consumers as: Phone Idle, Android IOS, and Screen - together making up over 50% of the battery usage. I have to charge the phone now without the sim and sd card to draw enough power to turn it on, and it takes 4 hours to charge 40%.

It does not seem possible to downgrade the IOS, as I suspect would solve the problem, but I would appreciate a fix from Sony after spending a fortune on the phone which, until the update, ran as good as new.

Screenshot_20170530-234845.png

This was after 7.5 hours of charge! Battery still failed to charge over 45%

Seems like the new Nougat Update has more power problems than the governments in Northen Africa.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 183 of 300
Message 183 of 300

Re: Xperia Z5 battery drain Nougat Update "Phone Idle"

Hi @XperiaZ5usee,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your handset. 

Can you test the phone in safe mode and see if you have the same problem?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 184 of 300
Message 184 of 300

Thanks for this, glad I'm not the only one with this battery drain problem since the update; hope there's a fix.

Learner
Message 185 of 300
Message 185 of 300

Thank you for your speedy reply. I have rebboted in safe mode, as recommended, however, the problem persists. The battery has drained at irregular intervals today, and still did not fully charge after overnight charging.

Learner
Message 186 of 300
Message 186 of 300

Me too having real horrible battery life since what appears Noughat update.

I am running Stamina mode and still has used 25% in 2 hours with everything off.

Really loved my Zperia Z1 and now Xperia Z5 premium untill now can't even make it into the afternnon without having to recharge.

Come on Sony seroiusly looking at Samsung S8 it is still at 81% after 10 hours with oabout 2 hours running hot spot.

Sony you will lose loyal customers if you don't fix this.

How do I go back to Marshmallow???????

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 187 of 300
Message 187 of 300

@XperiaZ5usee wrote:
Screenshot_20170530-234845.png

This is the best battery graph I have ever seen

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 188 of 300
Message 188 of 300

Insane battery drain for nougat

I upgraded to Nougat and now my battery drains and turns off around 40%. I've done a factory reset and it hasn't changed. When it shuts off it just keeps restarting until I plug it into a charger.

Feeling extremely frustrated.

Forum Legend
Message 189 of 300
Message 189 of 300

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/PC-Mac-Software/Software-repair-failed/m-p/1230479#M5646

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Message 190 of 300
Message 190 of 300

no it will not fix the problem. nougate is a horribly broken update and sony knows it and refuses to do anything about it  you made it useless.