account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Insane battery drain for nougat

Genius
Message 81 of 300
Message 81 of 300

Re: Z5 6683 Battery drain: black android icon

Actually repairing software with XC do a lot, @eee666 did you try?

Usually after a software repair you should avoid to install all apps and trying your device purely stock to see if the issue persist, if the issue isn't there then the problem was and is an app not optimized for Nougat.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Regular
Message 82 of 300
Message 82 of 300

Z5 Premium user here. I just put Greenify and ForceDoze together (I activated with ADB as I do NOT have root,) and at least the Standby Times were put on check. I slept last night with 79 percent charge, I woke up with 79 percent charge. And CPU Spy Reloaded recorded 5 hours 34m Deep Sleep (That's consistent with my actual sleep time of 5:40)

That's the good news. The tears come when I start to run a Podcast or sync my Fitbit. I last 12 hours between those with occassional use of two bars of LTE. The most SOT I've gotten was around 3h30m, but then again when the Z5P was new it wasn't known for having record beating, or just good, SOT's...

Apprentice
Message 83 of 300
Message 83 of 300

Yippieh, made software repair - battery drain is gone!!!!

But together with battery drain the a2dp protokol is gone, too :-(

so no more controlling the phone/calls by the use of the car audio (radio).

and yes, i did a second repair and NO apps installed. lets see, if the mobile will work together with my vehicle in a "virgin" style.

otherwise this will be a guarantee issue.

Learner
Message 84 of 300
Message 84 of 300

Z5 dual battery life

Hi there,

I've just bougth a new Z5 dual with Android 7.0 on borad. (My Z3 dual battery after 3 years of using became to weak - at least 20 hours after full charging)

After 100% charging my new Z5, the battery  lasts 22h only....I have the same configuration and apps like in my old Z3.

Is it only my problem or someone else have similar? Maybe it is And 7.0 problem?(my Z3 is on 6.0).

thank you in advance for any help.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 85 of 300
Message 85 of 300

Huih, problem for me solved!!!!!

Did three times (sic!) softwarerepair in row. Afterwards installed the mobile without SIM and without sdcard (lets say: pure android install).

It worked. everything works fine the way as i bought the mobile with android 6.

no guarantee for anybody else - for me the world is shiny again Smiling Face with Sunglasses

Commissioner
Message 86 of 300
Message 86 of 300

Hmm,lucky.
Can you tell much how much data software repairing process ate?
I mean 1 gb,2 gb etc.
Adept
Message 87 of 300
Message 87 of 300

Re: Z5 dual battery life

Hi grinder84,

battery life depends upon so many factors include call time, mobile data usage, screen brightness, apps running on background etc. So please keep in mind all these and repost the battery life.

Genius
Message 88 of 300
Message 88 of 300

@PDas is absolutely right. Mind also that the Z3 dual has a 3100mAh battery and the Z5 Dual has a 2900mAh one but anyway with a smaller battery you you get 2 more hours compared to the Z3 dual, that's a great technological advancement. In real life this is absolutely a great battery life but once again, all depend on how much you use your phone. WiFi on all time, for example, when you have no coverage will consume battery, Low mobile signal will provoke some drainage and so on.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Apprentice
Message 89 of 300
Message 89 of 300

Sorry no.

It took several minutes to repair once.
Learner
Message 90 of 300
Message 90 of 300

Hi there PDas,

simple comparison - my old Z3 with the same apps and configuration as Z5 can hold (general usage) even 3 days (when new) vs 18 hours in Z5...(also when new, 5 days of usage).