account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Insane battery drain for nougat

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 41 of 300
Message 41 of 300

Re: Battery Drains in Phone Idle

At least they're not blowing up in people's faces

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 42 of 300
Message 42 of 300

Re: Insane battery drain for nougat

Same here. Phone charged over night, at 1 pm only 53% left. I got this problem since update to android 7, before battery lasted 2 days. Usage: display 36%, sleep mode 15%, Android system 7%, Android OS 6%...
Sony Xperia Z5 compact
Learner
Message 43 of 300
Message 43 of 300

Mine, like my partners and a work colleague, and it seems loads of others are all suffering, my battery has gone from 100% to25% in 7hrs when it usually lasts up to 2days. I have a screenshot if there is a way of posting it
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 44 of 300
Message 44 of 300

Battery drain after android nougat update

So my z5 premium just recently upgraded to android nougat and everything seemed to work fine like before until I noticed that there is some crazy battery drainage happening whenever the phone reaches 20%-15% I mean from 15% on stamina mode (balamced power saving mode) and it still went down to zero overnight. I'm no tech head so if anyone knows what's going on a response will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Learner
Message 45 of 300
Message 45 of 300

Same crap happening here.

The phone (E5823) is just draining battery, and I don't even know where. Sometimes I get it out of my pocket, where it should have been idling, maybe fetching some background info/push notifications, just as before, and I notice that it is really really warm, much warmer than a mostly idle device should be.

Usually, I can sit on the train and go to uni, listen to music/podcast for ~1 hour via bluetooth headset, then mostly write messages over the day, then drive back in the evening, again listening to music/podcasts and get out of the train, usually with ~10% remaining.

Not possible anymore with Nougat. The battery is at ~50% when I get out of the train in the morning. If I use my phone normally just like before with 6.0.1, the battery is dead at the time I'm eating lunch.

This is ridiculous. Nougat with Doze and everything was supposed to IMPROVE battery life. At the very least I would expect it to stay the same. But now it's so bad that I can't use my phone for my normal daily routine anymore. I need to carry a large battery pack wherever I go so I can permanently charge my phone. This is super annoying and not acceptable.

If Sony will not provide a solution for this problem, I will downgrade to 6.0.1. Nougat looks and feels nice, but there aren't enough advantages to justify this ridiculous hit on the battery. Complete fail. And to make things even better, 7.1.1 has been out for how long now...? And we get: 7.0. Yes. Great, Sony. Great work, your team (1 dude?) must be really proud.

(Before anyone suggests this: Yes, I already cleared the cache and everything, didn't help in the slightest. I will not do a complete reset of the phone, because I just went through that and it's incredibly annoying to back up every app's settings without root. And there haven't been enough people reporting that a fresh install really helps. Anyway - an OTA should work without these issues, the same as a fresh install does).

I just realized that Sony marked this thread as resolved. The post with the "solution" DOES NOT PROVIDE any solution. This is just... I'm at a loss for words.

Visitor
Message 46 of 300
Message 46 of 300

Mine too charged fully at 9am by 2.30pm only 11% totally cut my charge by half not a happy customer!!!!!
ezy
Commissioner
Message 47 of 300
Message 47 of 300

today a full charge said it would last 18hrs....

and nothing is showing as using the power... the biggest item is "phone idle"

Learner
Message 48 of 300
Message 48 of 300

Same here, Xperia Z5 compact on Nougat Android 7.0. Each new Android version increases the battery drainage. Marshmallow was bad but bearable, Nougat is impossible! Please fix that. And no, I haven't changed my habits, I have all my apps updated for Nougat!

Learner
Message 49 of 300
Message 49 of 300

My battery has never been right from the day I got the phone never get a full day out off it but recently after the new update its worse I can go from 100% to 60% in an hr or so and the same this morning in fact my phones plugged in now no other apps open screen is always turned down and oh the sound to what's happened there can't hear nothing esp online videos I've had to put a booster on the theme. SONY YOU Make the worse phones... A waist off money
One time poster
Message 50 of 300
Message 50 of 300

This is not a solution.

On mine it is either "Google Play Services" or "Phone Idle" which is eating all the battery. 

I leave home in the morning with it at 100%. 1 hour later, I get out of my car, it is at 85%.  I am lucky to get home 8 hours later with more than 40%.

I used to get 2 days out of my Z3 compact before it did the same, now I have a Z5 and it's just the same.