account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Insane battery drain for nougat

Adviser
Message 21 of 300
Message 21 of 300

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact after update

Exactly
One time poster
Message 22 of 300
Message 22 of 300

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact after update

The latest update is annoying..the sensitivity of the screen is horrendous when using apps such as Facebook,rather than being able to scroll effortlessly it opens every random clickbait on there..my bluetooth keeps turning on even after I've turned it off and removed the widget...the layouts nice tho
Learner
Message 23 of 300
Message 23 of 300

Xperia Z5 nougat update battery life from 24-36 hours to 10 insane drain

Hi Sony,

I updated some days ago, and at first the situation was incredibly horrible: 4 cores always at 100%, eating the full battery in less than 6 hours.

Then after the cache reset (hold power button + volume up until three vibrations) the always 100% has been fixed, but the battery life is around 30% of what I was getting one week ago with Android 6: I unplugged this morning around 9 and now it's 51% (its 14:00 - 5 hours).

What are you gonna do? Are you replacing the battery for free for the decreased battery life we are all experiencing?

Apple would have replied to their customers and fixed an issue like this in a week at most. You don't even reply with an official statement, and it's a phone released less than one year and an half ago.

Thanks.

Michele

One time poster
Message 24 of 300
Message 24 of 300

HI after upgrading my phone it started heating.

HI after upgrading my phone it started heating.

Highlighted
Genius
Message 25 of 300
Message 25 of 300

Re: HI after upgrading my phone it started heating.

Hello @Hi64, welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your phone after updating. It is not uncommon for a phone to get slightly warmer when you update it since there are many different processes running in the background. This should just be a temporary increase in temperature though. 

There is a built in safety feature that will notify you if the phone is getting warmer and will automatically turn the device off before any damage can occur to the components. Have you gotten any notification about this? If not, I would recommend that you wait a day or two and see if the phone is still acting the same way. 

If the phone is behaving in the same way again, I'd recommend that you try and reboot your phone to safe mode to see if this behavior is caused by one or more of you downloaded apps since they will be temporarily disabled in this mode. 

If this behavior persists I would like to know what update that is causing your device to behave like this. You can see what version of Android you are currently running on your device if you go to: Settings > About phone > Android-version.

Let me know how it goes!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 26 of 300
Message 26 of 300

Re: Xperia Z5 nougat update battery life from 24-36 hours to 10 insane drain

My z5 is the same plus it heats up alot more
One time poster
Message 27 of 300
Message 27 of 300

Re: Insane battery drain for nougat

Mine is the same over heating and battery life is terrible not Impressed sort it out Sony or you can have this paper weight back
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 300
Message 28 of 300

Re: Insane battery drain for nougat

Well, so far so bad... My Z5 still experiencing a short battery life with the new update and the most energy consuming issue, according to the battery performance report that can be found on Settings, is the Phone Idle.
I just tried what blackwhitez5 did to clean the cache (power button + volume up until 3 vibrations). I'll let you know if it helps.
Learner
Message 29 of 300
Message 29 of 300

Re: HI after upgrading my phone it started heating.

-80% in 8 hours:

20% screen

10% inactive phone

10% android operating system

4% android system

4% google play services

3% phone in standby

= 51%

facebook, flickr, whatsapp, instagram, messenger, avg = 22%

Which third party app do you see? And why are you moving other threads to this one since it's obvious the topic is open and not "SOLVED"?

Learner
Message 30 of 300
Message 30 of 300

Battery drain

Terrible Sony after waiting for almost 12 months for battery improvement on Nougat, it even got worse just in 2 hours from full it goes to 30 percent, not only that but not only that camera takes blurry photos and can not hear people during calls. Very very frustrating. Do I have to wait another 2 years to be improved