account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Image Stabilization (still images) no longer available on Camera 2.0?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Image Stabilization (still images) no longer available on Camera 2.0?

Can't seem to find it after the update and other users have also reported the same. Why was it removed?

Or does this mean that there's no need since by default, the Z5 already has a hardware stabilization mechanism (closed-loop actuator) in place?

Can someone from Sony confirm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: Image Stabilization (still images) no longer available on Camera 2.0?

In the new user interface of the camera application there is no option for image stabiliser for photos. Instead, the image stabiliser is always on.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Veteran
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

I suffer the same. 

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

See this:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/SteadyShot-can-t-be-permanently-disab...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

They're talking about SteadyShot for VIDEOS there Face with stuck-out Tongue

Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Not when @alexdon linked to it they weren't, still same outcome tho, it is removed in v2 camera app

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

In the new user interface of the camera application there is no option for image stabiliser for photos. Instead, the image stabiliser is always on.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Thank you for answering Rickard. I'll mark your answer as the Solution in a while but I do have a follow-up question.

If it is always on, does this mean it is a hardware image stabilization already? Because if not, and it is still only software for photos, I'm not sure I'd like the software always upping my ISOs to stabilize the image..

Can you please confirm? Thank you!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Z5 uses Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS). Another user gave us feedback about adding an option for it in the new UI and we have forwarded this feedback internally but i'm afraid i can't say if this is something that will be added in the future.

Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Thank you very much for clearing that up Rickard!