account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

IMEI different from model

ix
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

IMEI different from model

I bought a phone online and I checkered it's IMEI. It seems like the IMEI of my Z5 dual phone belongs to z4 ultra based on the result from imei.info. The seller told me that it us because it is an international version. Is this true or do I have a fake Z5? 

Any help would greatly be appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: IMEI different from model

Dont trust the 3rd party web sites.

Go to https://mysupport.sonymobile.com

create an account, then add your device with the IMEI...

if you see your phone in mydevices page after the addition its original.

-------------------------------------------------------
Xperia Z5 Premium (E6853) | Xperia Z1 (C6903)
ix
Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Yes I saw it. Thanks a lot! 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @ix,

Did you have the opportunity to add your device to your My Support account as @ytheekshana mentioned? I agree that it would be the best way to have a look at your IMEI to see which model it belongs to as our systems should detect it. Slightly smiling Face 

If you want me to take a look at it, feel free to send me a PM with your IMEI and I'll do my best to see if I can find out any information on it for you. Make sure not to post the IMEI in this thread, as it is against our discussion guidelines to post private information.

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

ix
Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yes I did but I really wanted to double check it. Can you please check it for me? I am messaging you my IMEI now.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hey, thank you for PMing me, have a look at my answer! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.