account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to turn of low battery alarm

One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

How to turn of low battery alarm

How do I turn of the battery alarm on a Experia z5
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: How to turn of low battery alarm

You can take a look here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/How-to-disable-low-battery-sound-notification/td-p/1190910/...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: How to turn of low battery alarm

Hi @Pingla, are you referring to the notifications, or the actual sound which comes with the notification?

Regarding the sound, I posted some information regarding that in the link provided by @alexdon. Namely, you may mute the first notification at 30% by setting notification sounds to None under Settings > Sound > Notification sound > None, but the notification at 15% will still be present. This won't mute the notification at 15%, it can only be muted by setting the device sound settings to Mute. You may do so by lowering the volume completely with your physical volume buttons on the side of the device, and then tapping it depending on if you prefer Vibration mode or completely Mute.

As far as the notifications themselves go, I'm afraid that there is currently not a setting for disabling these, I apologize if it is an inconvenience for you.

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact low battery sound is insanely loud after update to 7.0

Hi, I recently updated my Sony Xperia Z5 Compact to Android version 7.0 Nougat. Now I have a problem with the low battery notification that happens at 30%. It is very loud, like full volume loud and even though I have all of the volume sliders at the lowest setting it is still very loud. Strangely, at 15% battery the volume for the notification is where it should be.

Is anyone else having this problem or know a solution to the insanely loud notification sound?

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Loud alarm low batteri

Hello
When My battery reaches 30% a very loud alarm sound comes on. How do I adjust this feature? I suppose it has something to do with the app "Stamina".
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Re: Loud alarm low batteri

as far as i know there is no option on how to adjust the Low battery level notification, but you can adjust the level in which stamina mode kicks in. it defaults to 15 %. go to settings>battery

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Hi @Sizzle3,

Welcome to the community,

I can advise that the handset will provide an alert for both 30% and 15% battery level, there is a way to stop the notification sound however it is not suggested.

You would either need to set the Notification tone to none within the sounds menu (this means all notifications will have no tone until you change it again) or you will need to mute the handset close to the 30% level.

I hope this helps.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Turn off notification sound for battery

Since the last update now when my battery is at 30% the notification sound is the same as my text message etc. Is there any way to change this or turn it off? I've had a look in settings but cannot seem to find anywhere to change it.

Thank you!

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Re: How to turn off low battery alarm

Another major problem is that AFTER the Z5 is turned OFF, it starts up again (and again) to display a low battery notice on the screen.  This happens even if the Z5 is plugged in.  Do we really need a visual low battery notice constantly appearing when the phone is plugged in? 

What could the designers have possibly been thinking? 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

This is the

Exact reason I changed from Sony .that annoying notification when your battery is at 30 and 15% is completely pointless. I know how much battery I have I can see on the phone. Why then don't give the option to disable is beyond me. Utterly useless.