account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to transfer music to SD card using Sony Bridge for Mac?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

How to transfer music to SD card using Sony Bridge for Mac?

It's me again! I'm trying to put music onto the SD card in my phone, but the ever-useless Sony Bridge for Mac doesn't even see the SD card! It keeps telling me there is little storage left on my phone - even though there is over 16GB - so I can't even put the music on the phone & then transfer it to the SD card. I tried using Android file transfer but it just crashes all the time - doesn't seem to be working. Anyone know why Sony developed this useless software that cannpot read or transfer to SD cards, or anything else I can use for this?...Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to transfer music to SD card using Sony Bridge for Mac?

@AliWonder

This is what I use with my mac

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sage
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Mine works pretty well actually, but mileage varies quite a lot, with Sony.

Try to delete ~/Library/Application Support/Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac/.

There should be a preference file in Preferences too: get rid of it too

Don't forget to start iTunes or Photos, because they need to be active to deliver their service.

Talent
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks

But I've got this & it just refuses to work; keeps saying it 'cannot create folder', & tells me to re-start my device.

I'm going mad here - I'm spending the entire day just trying to copy a few albums over to my sd card, & nothing is working! When I use Sony Bridge for Mac the albums keep disappearing from the SD card, and it keeps telling me 'there isn't enough memory' on the phone for about 4 albums, but there is over 14GB free! Both of these apps are utterly utterly usless; is there really no other alternative? :-(

Sage
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Maybe there is some problem with authorizations for the SD card. Have you tried to copy something with file commander of Es -file explorer?

You could also copy files from lan shares. I usually do that way.