account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How to change name

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

How to change name

On iPhone you can change your name from 'Bob's iPhone' to 'Bob is brilliant' or something. But I can't seem to find a way to do this on Sony. Please if you do know how can you give instructions on how to get there.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to change name

Hi @Junde;

From where exactly do you want to change your name appearance?

Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Junde

Settings > lock scren & Security > under Lock screen > lock screen preferences > Lock screen message 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Junde, welcome to our forum!

I'm afraid that there is no way to rename your device completely, however you can change the name of the device when it is found by other devices using Bluetooth to make it easier to know which devices is which.

To do that, go to Settings > Bluetooth > three dots in the top right corner > Rename this device.

You can also add a screen lock message if you follow the instructions given by @uliwooly.

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.