account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

How do I disable the proximity sensor on the Z5 premium?

Visitor
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: How do I disable the proximity sensor on the Z5 premium?

Hi Dear

this may be because of some reasons, may be you have replaced your lcd or any other internal part replacement has been done and this sensor is not placed properly, is it is not the case then that proximity sensor is bad you better buy online from china and can easily replace that part for guide you can refer youtube videos.

Regards

Tahir Khan

Malaysia

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Hi @ImKhan, that is correct!

In most cases it's related to hardware or that there is  a screen protector, moisture or dirt that is covering the proximity sensor and that is why it's not working correctly during calls! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Hello,

Sorry for the few months delay. No, that didn't help and yes, the phone lcd display was replaced but not by an authorized dealer or tech guy. There's none in this country and in such case the phone had to be send over the US for who knows how long and with an expired warranty. Anyways, that phone suffered an accident a few days ago. I'm using an old Xperia tipo I had on a drawer while my new XZ1 arrives. Thanks for the support !

Highlighted
Learner
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Dears,

Finally I found the solution for this problem. I have been referred to a local maintenance guy in Tikrit - Iraq.

As the problem been diagnosed that the sensor weakness; The guy scratched the sensor light orifice to widen the sensor opening that received the lights and everything went very well and return to its good working conditions.

I hope this will help you to solve your problem too.

Regards,

Assim Abdullah 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Hi @CharlesJ, thanks a lot for the update and I'm very sorry to hear about what happened a few days ago. Slightly frowning Face

It could be that the display was not replaced in the correct way and that is why the sensor still didn't work, however I understand having to ship your device to another country to have it repaired isn't optimal!

I hope that your Xperia XZ1 arrives shortly and that you will be pleased with it! Nothing against the Xperia Tipo, but it's not the beast it once was! Slightly smiling Face

@Assim1, thanks for letting us know how it was resolved in your device! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Thanks from the tip from Iraq

My screen protector is a bit thick so some powder dirt around the proximity sensor hole, which is sensing light.

I simply cleaned it up really well with 99% rubbing alcohol and it now works as it should.

Problem solved

Nick 

One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Hi

Actually my xperia z5 dsnt have any problem but i m very annoyd of this sensor thing

Its working but when i call screen gets disable nd i fight for open it again when the call gets end then it works again its new phone i didnt brought to any mechanic i dint even droped it. It has screen protecter but that was before too one more thing is when i connect to my bluetooth it dsnt make any problem phone works nicely but when i disconnect phone it have same problem. do  u have any solution of this