account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How do I block a number on my z5

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I block a number on my z5

@Dopey1 

You have to add the number to your phonebook/contacts then > select the contact > menu > send to voicemail.

You can also either contact your carrier network and request to block all unknown/hidden numbers 

or

you can download a call filter app from the playstore

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Tap the phone icon on your screen to see your past call listing,  tap the phone number, tap the call details and then you will see "block number", tap it then block the number. That is all.

Cheers

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Dopey1, welcome to our community!

As @vikingjuice4 wrote, you can block a number directly from the phone application and the call log in your device if you follow his/hers instructions and if you want to remove a number later on from the list, tap the three dots in the top right corner in the Phone application > Settings > Block numbers and tap the little "x" next to the number.

Let us know if you found the setting and/or if you have any further questions! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.