account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Help and advice regarding root of Xperia Z5 E6653

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Help and advice regarding root of Xperia Z5 E6653

Hello,i would like to root my Xperia Z5 and am hoping to do so without any problems. I am usure of what is required to successfully root the device nowadays. My phone is currently running on Android 7.1.1 build 32.4.A.0.160. I would like to root using the One Click Root app that i have installed on my p.c.

My question is,do i still need to unlock my bootloader to get a successful and full root on my phone? If so,how do i restore DRM keys etc as i still want full functionality of my phone after rooting. My reason for rooting is so that i can get rid of bloatware and also hopefully find a solution for the hii temperatures the device seems to suffer with. Also,i want an optim to change the text type in my settings menus etc that the stock Sony Rom doesnt allow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Help and advice regarding root of Xperia Z5 E6653

That's good to know!! As u r familiar with that stuff u must be aware that none of those devs out there couldn't find an exploit in 7.0+ kernel to root the device!! Apps like king root or one click etc..  Works only by exploiting kernels!!  rooting methods hav changed from 5.0 to 7.0!  U should unlock ur bl to get root access on 7.0+ devices!! None has achieved root on Xperia lbl  with nougat coz it's not possible due to dm verity! !

**Regarding sony signed functions > sorry u wil loose them on unlocking bl but u can emulate them by magisk only if u hav a copy of ur drm keys! ( perform a ta partition backup at fitst place and keep a copy of it)!!  u can get better support regarding this on xda !! USE SEARCH tab  for ur queries there... U can find our support with guides and links to backup tools over there!!  

3 REPLIES 3
Commissioner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

U can't get root access with some third-party apps on ur Xperia device or from pc other than flashtool !! From android 6.0, rooting Xperias hv become lil complicated (u can hardbrick ur device to the level wer u can't get it back to lyf) !! If u r a newbie, then my advice is to stay away from it and try different regions firmware with flashtool integrated with Xperifirm ! Choose the one that weighs less in size, most of the bloat can be uninstalled easily!! 

Rooting that require ubl wil take away  sony signed features!!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your advice but i am not new to rooting devices,i just havent tried to do so for a while. As for not being able to root the device with my p.c. using anything other than flashtool,i find that rather hard to believe as i am a member of forums such as XDA Developers and have followed posts with regards rooting the Z5 and know it is possible. My concern is just with regards whether or not it is still necessary to unlock my bootloader and if so,how i go about ensuring that functions such as the DRM keys etc are still working after i do.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

That's good to know!! As u r familiar with that stuff u must be aware that none of those devs out there couldn't find an exploit in 7.0+ kernel to root the device!! Apps like king root or one click etc..  Works only by exploiting kernels!!  rooting methods hav changed from 5.0 to 7.0!  U should unlock ur bl to get root access on 7.0+ devices!! None has achieved root on Xperia lbl  with nougat coz it's not possible due to dm verity! !

**Regarding sony signed functions > sorry u wil loose them on unlocking bl but u can emulate them by magisk only if u hav a copy of ur drm keys! ( perform a ta partition backup at fitst place and keep a copy of it)!!  u can get better support regarding this on xda !! USE SEARCH tab  for ur queries there... U can find our support with guides and links to backup tools over there!!