account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone jack

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Headphone jack

Hi everyone. I have problem with jack when I listen music it disconnect itself. First I thought that jack is dirty so I cleaned it. Then it works better but I found where is problem. If I push on the back side music pause. You can see it in video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWkj3lWtwHc . Do you think they repair it in service? OR Can somebody try it on your Z5 premium ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Headphone jack

Seems jack isn't sitting alright in its place... This can happen due to loss of glue by heat generated in the device.. (Nougat did it worse though)... I think this is a possible solution....

Heat the device on the top right (behind the headphone jack) apply some glue and clip it with a tight clipper or hold it tight on that area wer u got the problem. 

Edit # watch some dissembling videos so that u can get an idea on headphone jack construction and placement in z5 premium 

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I have same proplem ı cleaned it but it doesnt work it. I cant listen music or watching film. I dont know what should ı do

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Stevo555574 & @Alipekk,

I am sorry to hear about this issue. I would recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange a repair. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.