account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 61 of 574
Message 61 of 574

Headphone Jack not working Z5 Premium

I have tried several fixes, including soundabout app. sound works intermittently through my phone. I have had this phone nless than 3 months. Pretty much unacceptable on such an expensive phone.

I CANNOT do without a phone for 10 days.

Message 62 of 574
Message 62 of 574

Re: Headphone Jack not working Z5 Premium

But if the port is faulty, surely you want it fixed?
Contact your local support for a repair.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 63 of 574
Message 63 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

I had the same problem, headphones don't get detected at all. Just sent it to get repaired, but I won't have my phone for 2-3 weeks. It seems like this is a very common issue. Will the repair work for 3 months and then fail again? If so, I might consider getting a diffrent phone if this issue stays around.

Learner
Message 64 of 574
Message 64 of 574

I'm using SoundAbout Pro on my Xperia Z5 Premium. Audio on music works fine. But the mic and FM radio doesn't work. Tried to test on audio recorder with wired headset and no luck at all. Anyone using SoundAbout that works fine with mic and fm? Help me pls.
One time poster
Message 65 of 574
Message 65 of 574

Same thing with me! The first couple of times it was dust, I think there's a lot of static electricity and it atracts dust because I dont know how it gets in there, it's like hairballs! But now there seems to be nothing inside but it still doesn't work...
One time poster
Message 66 of 574
Message 66 of 574

Hi

I had the same problem HEADPHONE JACK NOT WORKING, SONY fix it for me under Manufacturer Warrenty.

Job Done! and it is working now!

Regards,

One time poster
Message 67 of 574
Message 67 of 574

Xperia Z5 Premium Headphone Jack problem

i recently updated my sony xperia z5 premium to marshallow and headphones jack started behaving abnormally! it gets connected rarely but it dissappears after 2 seconds. i need help kindly solve my issue. Neutral Face

Visitor
Message 68 of 574
Message 68 of 574

Re: Headphone Socket Issues

Yoy are right . Even i could see the lighting from thr screen through the jack so i dint accept it and sent it back again to the service center and got it fixed with the genuine one 

Visitor
Message 69 of 574
Message 69 of 574

I bought an xperia z5 premium dual in the month of January this year and came across the problem of the headphone jack in the month of may so i went to the shop i.e sharaf dg from where i bought this phone and asked them to send it to the service center and they did so. after 12 days i went to collect it back and when i checked it the headphone jack which they replaced it wit wasn't as good as the original one since i could see the lighting from the screen through the headphone jack which i couldn't see it in the original condition and just to be sure of this situation i compared it with demo device at the shop  along with the store manager  and found out that i was correct and hence i dint accept the phone and asked them to send it back to the service center and so they did. After a month long wait i finally got my phone with the proper replacement part and hence i accepted the device. and now yesterday i faced the same problem . i rarely use the wired headphones since i have bluetooth headphones . So i went to sharf dg again and asked them for help and they prescribed me to visit the service center inperson so i visited technocare and found out that there were a lot of complaints of the haedphone jack not working and i met a few people who were facing the same problem. One more thing whivh i want to point out is that why do the service center replace the jack with the part which was not identical to the original one and if i was wrong when i sent the device back for the first time why did they took 1 month to get it fixed they could have just sent it back saying that it is original one. So basically my phone has been tampered and secondly if there are a lot of complaints about the headphone jack why dont sony look into this matter. 

Enthusiast
Message 70 of 574
Message 70 of 574

L got the same issue,when l send it back,l could see the lighting of the screen also,but l kept it..so far no issue..l think that the original one has defects...