account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Learner
Message 51 of 574
Message 51 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Same issue here. As I can remember, I am having a phone call at that time then suddenly I can't hear no more on my earphone. I found out that my audio jack not working anymore. Xperia Z5 Premium.
Visitor
Message 52 of 574
Message 52 of 574

Same problem, phone going back by courier tomorrow...thanks Sony

Apprentice
Message 53 of 574
Message 53 of 574

I have the same problem...

I do anything to fix it: "Clear the smart connect data and cash", "restart in safe mode" and "reset factory" but they couldn't help me.

I downloaded "Sound about" from google store and it fixed my problem. So i sure it's a software problem. Because i pay too much money for my phone, I don't want to lose it for some weeks to repair!!! I just bought it 4 mounth ago!!! 

I can say it's a best smartphone i've ever had but this problem hurt me very much!!! SONY please help us to ensure that it's a hardware problem or not!!!

In my country, Warranty doesn't have any meaning and if i want to send my phone to repaire, I should pay money!!!

Emperor
Message 54 of 574
Message 54 of 574

@alireza.refah

You can test it in safe mode or repair it with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 55 of 574
Message 55 of 574

I Haven't just tried to repair my phone with Sony pc companion. But I tried to test in safe mode but I Couldn't solve the problem.
As I said before, with sound about app in work very well but without it, I have this problem
Emperor
Message 56 of 574
Message 56 of 574

@alireza.refah

You might have to contact your Local support regarding this. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 57 of 574
Message 57 of 574

L got also this issue,already change 2 phones,z5 '"PREMIUM"..the two phones jack just stop working exactly after 4 months and unfortunately there no way to repair it by yourself or you need to use the app soundabout only option..or send it back to sony..

L'm still waiting for my third one from my seller.l'm really bored from shifting phones..l dont know what Sony is doing with its manufacturing...if it's not the jack phone,it's the blur camera lens issue..

One time poster
Message 58 of 574
Message 58 of 574

I bought my phone yesterday and I just had this issue.

A factory reset on my Z5 Compact fixed the issue. I am now running Marshmallow 6.0, but I did not reinstall any Sony software update.
The jack connector seems weak though.

Regular
Message 59 of 574
Message 59 of 574

I have exactly the same problem :

• My Z5 Premium (E6853 Single SIM) suddenly cannot detect any plugged headphone  (tried a few working headphones)
  • I tried to force-stop SmartConnect then restart the phone and update the app to the latest version,  didn't resolve
  • Then I tried SoundAbout,  headphone worked immediately,  so this must be a Software issue

I very seldom use headphone on my Z5 Premium,  so I ain't sure at which point in time it suddenly didn't detect work,  but perhaps after I upgraded to Android 6 Marshmallow (?)

I don't want to try factory-resetting / repairing my Z5 Premium  (cannot afford all the serious time and efforts to reinstall / reconfigure / restore all apps and data),  so for now the SoundAbout Pro version has to suffice.

This little bug (along with the flawed main camera - common blur issue on left hand side of all photos) made me seriously wanna switch my phone....  to the upcoming Xperia X Performance.  See how helpless my blind devotion to Sony as always.

Rookie
Message 60 of 574
Message 60 of 574

As a new user of Sony Phones, I'm really disappointed with this issue. it's CLEARLY software as so many people have it and it's rectified by a 3rd part app. When are Sony going to accept the fault and fix the issue???