account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 551 of 574
Message 551 of 574

Head phone dose not work

Head phone dose not work

muc
One time poster
Message 552 of 574
Message 552 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Sony-DSC_0811.JPGA few minutes and everything worked again! Thanks!For everybody who has not seen it: Try the toothpick first if Sony tells you to send in the phone, to have everything erased, and to wait for your phone for two weeks! Slowly ... that was very solid stuff coming from the pocket and being compressed by the plug over and over.

One time poster
Message 553 of 574
Message 553 of 574

Earphones do not work

After updating the phone to Android Noga 7.1.1 I became earphones did not install Soundabout program and I started the earphones through which I worked and became all what I use the earphones I activate by this program I want to solve this problem ?

One time poster
Message 554 of 574
Message 554 of 574

Re: Earphones do not work

i have the same problem in my z5p dual, i cant use the fm radio, please!!!!!!!!!!1 resolved that NOW! its amazing, are so much people have the same problem!!!!

One time poster
Message 555 of 574
Message 555 of 574

None of my Earphones work with my phone anynore

None of my Earphones work with my phone anynore

Learner
Message 556 of 574
Message 556 of 574

Re: None of my Earphones work with my phone anynore

Same with mine.

One time poster
Message 557 of 574
Message 557 of 574

Re: None of my Earphones work with my phone anynore

I also had this issue with my phone and try to fix it for myself.

It's not that complicated but it need to be gentle to not break anything.

I bought these parts on eBay for about $8.50

Headphone Jack

Adhesive Covers

Tools

And did like this Video .

It only took me 20 minutes to open , replace and close everything again. And it works like a charm now.

Here are some tips:

- the more you heat the adhesive the more easy you open the phone. Don't rush so you don't break   the back cover, which is very fragile. Lift and use the tools to unglued everything.

The phone have two adhesives also in the battery, so leave them for last.

- I did like guy in the video, didn't try to take the battery out and only remove everything around it.

- If something doesn't come out easily, probably there is a screw somewhere. Look for it.

- Once again don't try to rush anything. I rater do things slow and don't break anything than ruin the phone.

- The headphone connector its difficult to put in place, have your time and be gentle.

You do this on your responsibility. This was the only way that i could fix the issue, doesn't mean it will work for you. I won't be responsible if you break, damage or anything on your phone.

Be gentle and take your time.

Hope i could help everyone.

Learner
Message 558 of 574
Message 558 of 574

Re: Z5P jack not working

It isn't anything to do with the headphones!

Typical Apple response from Sony that!

I have owned THREE Z5 premiums and EVERY ONE had the same issue, it is clearly faulty software in the android ROM and/or smart connect apps and yet with so many other Android users facing the same issues, NOTHING has been done to tackle the issue for a permanent fix. 

Disgusting.

Learner
Message 559 of 574
Message 559 of 574

My phone was in my pocket with the headphone connected when I felt a continuous vibration of the phone, I then looked at the phone and surprisingly, the headphone was connected but no icône on the screen. Since then the headphone jack has not been functioning anymore. 

One time poster
Message 560 of 574
Message 560 of 574

Why can't sony phones just work, my headphone socket has stop working too, having tried the recomened fix's I now have the choice of a mobile phone or the media functions however not simultaneously. Really poor phone - Sony XZ1 Compact under two weeks old