account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 31 of 574
Message 31 of 574

Re: Xperia Z5 Head phone jack sound disconnect

Hi, i am also experiencing the same issue on my Z5 since i updated to marshmallow.
Ive found a work around which may be some use to you. 

-First close all your apps and ensure your headphones are disconnected
-Open your music app, and play your music out loud (headphones should still be disconnected)
-While music is playing out loud, connect your headphones, and music should transfer to headphones (you may need to turn your volume up)

I know its a weird solution, but thats the only way ive been able to get my phone to accept headphones since the marshmallow update. Its not a permanant fix, but it seems to work around the problem so I can still use headphones on my Z5.
I have informed Sony about this problem and my work around, so hopefully they will look into it and fix it with an update.
Hope this helps.

Regular
Message 32 of 574
Message 32 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

I am a Z5 Premium user too and my headphones jack also can't be detected. I need my phone too. I can't really lose it for a ling time to send to repair. Since a few days I have bought this phone it already hav a software problem. Now I even have a Bluetooth problem as my phone are connected to my Bluetooth speaker SBS-BTV5 but the sound will stop awhile and continue keep on again and again. I tried it on others phone it's fine. Sony please fix this I feel that my phone hav too much problem. This is the last version of z series. I doesn't want to lose it
Regular
Message 33 of 574
Message 33 of 574

Now that my earphone jack port can be used and my Bluetooth also have problems. I can't even relax with music anymore!
Apprentice
Message 34 of 574
Message 34 of 574

@sony support...uliwooly method does not work
Why dont you ask your developers to debug the code and see for errors..would understand if it was one or 2 people here so many are facing issue..which means its a genuine problem...
Escalte to higher level as this phone is not cheap one...paid lot of money for this ..

This should not take such a while to resolve..

If its a dry solder or a lose connection it would have never reconnected..its something to do with software...
Was a sony fan till now had over 8 phones but would say
You call this premium phone i would say 3rd class phone
Sony feel ashamed ..

Apprentice
Message 35 of 574
Message 35 of 574

Just an update...i opened up the phone there pressed on all bus there is no lose connection anywhere...but still the music player plays through speaker....when i route to wired using sound about no issues...
This. Confirms software issues...
One time poster
Message 36 of 574
Message 36 of 574

Head phone jack not detecting

Ive been using my z5 for months now and just today when im on my way home i plug my earpiece to my phone n it cant detect my headphones. Any suggestions???
Emperor
Message 37 of 574
Message 37 of 574

Re: Head phone jack not detecting

@Rasty

could you try different headphones?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 38 of 574
Message 38 of 574

The most pathetic phone ever.

Hi Sony,
From the start mobile phones came into the market, from the first Zseries till now, I have owned almost all the phones, but I am sorry to say I am really really disappointed from models after Z3, as I had and still facing issues with the headphone jack of your models, now I own a Z5 premium, I bought this thinking its a premium phone and you should have fixed the poor hardware quality issue, but no, Sony doesn't do it and now for the 3Rd time I am stuck with this headphone jack issue where it does not work at all, neither in safe mode nor normally, I sold my two previous Z series phones because of the same issue, where I got them fixed from your service center but bought this one thinking that it will not have any problem. As much as I loved it, I hate it now and I regret the decision of opting Z5 premium over Samsung Galaxy S6 edge.I don't know if anything will be done about this issue or not but for sure I am not going to continue my purchase from Sony ever after.
Learner
Message 39 of 574
Message 39 of 574

The jack works with the soundabout app,which proves it's not a hardware issue,So if it's a software issue will Sony be pushing out any update to fix this????
One time poster
Message 40 of 574
Message 40 of 574

Ive woken up this morning and my phone with Soundabout running disconnects my headphones. Im 5 months into a 24month contract and its BS this isnt first time Xperias have done this too me. My old z3 was awful for it, feel like its sonys method of mounting the port or its solder becuase it works but if the wind blows on the phone it tells me its disconnected headphones. Repair centre said 5-7 day turn around but im tires of big companies taking with a £550 handset wont replace even tho within a year from purchase. Caterpillar are releasing a bulletproof phone with FLIR camera. Needless to say jumping ship ASAP done with Sony. Make great phones if u have it for 3-5 months and buy another one