account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 11 of 574
Message 11 of 574

Xperia z5 premium head phone jack broken

I have had this phone from new for three months, no problems. One day the headphones wouldn't work, I plugged them in, it would vibrate as it does when you connect headphones then imideately vibrate again as if you had taken the headphones out again. The head phones work fine, I have tried with all different types of headphones and the problem remains. I have also cleared the cache and reset the phone, still the problem remains.

This makes listening to music And taking calls on hands free ( which o do a lot because of my job) impossible. 

Sent at the phone into Sony. They say I have damaged the phone and this have voided my warrantee. To my knowledge the phone is in pristine condition aside from a very tiny surface scratch on the back. Sony said I would now have to pay £120-ish to fix the damage to the top right hand corner of the phone to bring the phone back into warrantee. As i had not damaged the phone, and the problem was a  Faulty head phone jack this seemed quite strange to me. 

I queereed this and sent pics in of the phone (that show it un damaged) that I had taken the day of sending it to them. This got the escelletion team involved and I was promised a reply from them in 3 to 5 working days. I have called many times and Am still waiting on a reply from them, it has now been 9 working days and still nothing.  

Has as anyone had anything similar? When I call I'm told the escalation team is a in house team and there is no way for me to speak with them directly And I simply should just wait for a reply from them. Does anyone have a number for them? Or could anyone at Sony find out what is happening and get back to me? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 574
Message 12 of 574

Re: Xperia z5 premium head phone jack broken

@Themayhem

I'm very sorry to hear that Slightly frowning Face

Warranty and repairs are handled at a local level and i'm afraid i don't have contact details for the escalation team in your country. I recommend that you contact your Local support for assistance and status in your case.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 13 of 574
Message 13 of 574

@rickard hey thanks for getting back to me. I have tried the number in the link you posted and I just get through to normal customer care who know no more than I do. Any suggestions? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 574
Message 14 of 574

I'm afraid not. If there's an update in your case, they should have it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 15 of 574
Message 15 of 574

Ok thanks anyway. Are these circumstances relatively normal? 

ezy
Commissioner
Message 16 of 574
Message 16 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

my headphone jack stopped working on my Z1...  i found it was pocket fluff that had got into the hole and built up inside..  a torch and a pin enabled me to fish it out... 

with the Z5 being water proof too, that pocket fluff tends to get sticky and turn to a solid lump over time if it ever gets wet. 

always worth shining a torch into the hole and seeing if it looks clean

Learner
Message 17 of 574
Message 17 of 574

Re: Headphone Socket Issues

I've just had the same thing. My Z5 Premium has just been returned from the repair centre and I'm certain there was no light in there before (I was using a torch to see if I could see the damage in there before I called Sony...)

Maybe there's two types of headphone jack and repair centres use the one with the gap... I hope it doesn't affect the waterproofing.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 574
Message 18 of 574

Re: Z5P jack not working

@Panda95,

You can try @Tim77's suggestion. I would also recommend testing the phone in safe mode, to rule out if the issue is caused by a third party application

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 19 of 574
Message 19 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

@ghada123 look at my post might help 

Apprentice
Message 20 of 574
Message 20 of 574

Xperia Z5 Head phone jack sound disconnect

I would start of with its such a shame that a $900 phone gets spoilt in 3 months was a loyal cusomter of sony with more than 12 phones but now would not buy it anymore and advise people not to buy

The head phone jack keep getting disconnected when the music is playing I have tried all options avaiable in the forum

It happened after the marshmallow update.

When I use the sound about app and redirect the sound to head phone no matter how much you shake the sound still play

If you uninstall the app even if touch the headphone a bit the music stops

PLEASE HELP AND LET ME KNOW IF ITS A SOFTWARE ISSUE AND IF AN UPDATE WILL FOLLOW SOON