account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 141 of 574
Message 141 of 574

Re: Headphone Socket Issues

This is to confirm it works for me that once I plug in my earpiece, I need to firmly press the top left corner of the phone to bend the shell to the extent it can detect my phone. After that I can release my fingers and it will stay as that.

There is definitely something wrong with the glue / solder of the mic/phone jack after phone overheating. A shine of a sunny day will be enough to cause this trouble.

Hope it helps others suffering from same problem.

Inhabitant
Message 142 of 574
Message 142 of 574

My faulty headphone socket got replaced. The replacement didn't work either. 
Twisting the plug makes the sound come through a little, but as soon as you let go the sound stops OR continues to play through the loudspeaker.

The handset is going in again tomorrow. This is clearly a (poorly designed) hardware issue.

Inhabitant
Message 143 of 574
Message 143 of 574

Also worth adding that as usual, Sony have been of no help whatsoever.

Adept
Message 144 of 574
Message 144 of 574

@uliwooly wrote:

@Zane

Just checked on my Z5 Premium, that's normal 

There is no light coming from my (5 month old Z5 Pemium) headphone jack so I would say it's not normal.

Adept
Message 145 of 574
Message 145 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

:: I have a 5 month old Z5 Premium ::

This is 100% a hardware issue.

To prove this I insert my headphones into the jack - headphone is not recognised by the phone. I then squeeze the top left of the phone near the headphone socket. Squeeze hard enough and the phone registers the headphones. When I release the squeeze, the phone no longer registers the headphones. Repeat...

All SoundAbout does is force the audio to the socket, even when the phone doesn't register the headphones. What this means is that whatever contact the headphone jack pin does actually have with the socket will be enough to push some data (sound) through to your headphones. But depending on what contacts your pin has, this may not allow for the proper operation of the headphones to take phone calls.

For a "Premium" phone, this is unacceptable.

One time poster
Message 146 of 574
Message 146 of 574

Exactly the same problem with mine...only 5 months old Z5 Premium. Unacceptable.
One time poster
Message 147 of 574
Message 147 of 574

Had the z5 premium for 2 months and my earphone jack isn't working either. I've lived every Sony handset I've used over the years but Since I'm not the only one... Sony, dont advertise "premium" and deliver substandard quality. Trust takes a lifetime to gain and a moment to destroy.
Emperor
Message 148 of 574
Message 148 of 574

Don't create duplicate posts, you have to contact your Local support to get your device inspected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 149 of 574
Message 149 of 574

Thanks for stating the obvious. New post was for a reason.

Emperor
Message 150 of 574
Message 150 of 574

Any time, and you should read and comply with the forum guidelines, there's no need for that animosity 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Discussion-guidelines/m-p/349678#U349678

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)