account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Learner
Message 101 of 574
Message 101 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

I had the same issue of headphone jack. Gave to the dealer for repair, received it with light visible from the headphone jack. I was pretty sure that sony would not make a water resistant phone with LCD screen's inside visible from the jack.
I showed it to the technician and they admitted that they forgot to install a cap on it. And they repaird it again.
Now after one month i have the same problem back again and my headphones jack is not detecting. I am using the "sound about" application which helps me use the headphone jacks directly connected to AUX of my car in order to listen to the songs.
One time poster
Message 102 of 574
Message 102 of 574

Xperia z5 premium dual headphone socket

The last update for the xperia z5 premium dual which is 6.0.1 android may harm the headphone socket's software and prevent the headphone from working although trying other headphones. So i found a solution for this problem. You can fix this issue by using "sound about" app.
Learner
Message 103 of 574
Message 103 of 574

Re: Xperia z5 premium dual headphone socket

Have you tried using sound about during call or fm radio? I used sound about bout i think only for music. Thnx
Adviser
Message 104 of 574
Message 104 of 574

Headphone jack issue

My xperia z5 just got this problem where when I disconnect my headset, the device either persistently perceives the headset to be connected; or the headset is being connected and disconnected every few milliseconds.
Adviser
Message 105 of 574
Message 105 of 574

Re: Headphone jack issue

Adviser
Message 106 of 574
Message 106 of 574

Forum Legend
Message 107 of 574
Message 107 of 574

did you check the jack physically? is there something stuck inside? or dirty?

try reinsert your headphones and then remove it.

was the device exposed to water recently? then try it first before plugging anything,

also try safe mode

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Adviser
Message 108 of 574
Message 108 of 574

My Z5 Premium have the same problem!! Can't use my headphones
Any useful suggestions?!
Adviser
Message 109 of 574
Message 109 of 574

After about 6 hours(or possibly less), this problem did stop. I'm using the default sony earpieces that came with my phone. My temporary solution would be to not use headphones or just use bluetooth headsets.
One time poster
Message 110 of 574
Message 110 of 574

If I squeeze near my jack port it starts to work as soon as I let go it stops. Is it hardware or software issue ? So frustrating 😔