account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 261 of 574
Message 261 of 574

Re: Z5 premium headphone repair

It's just madding, I except my case has a small dent in it, but it doesn't stop the phone working in anyway. I except that my warranty is void because of this, but why won't they just replace the broken jack and charge me for that! It seems even the slightest mark on the case will void warranties.

One time poster
Message 262 of 574
Message 262 of 574

Re: Z5P jack not working

So far this suggestion has worked for me, and is doing well. However, I do not appreciate that the app requires data or WiFi in order to function (at least in regards with the free version). As I travel often on airplanes, having no internet connection is frequent. This is also one of the places I most utilize a headset (bluetooth or wired). 

If this is such a problem with so many people, and I only have had my phone for 2 days before this issue, why has the engineering department not recalled the devices to fix these problems (along with providing a separate phone while their current one is being repaired)? To me this sounds like a great marketing idea; not only can one display a new phone series while the current one is fixed, but you also recognize the frustration of your consumers and provide meaningful support. This is only bound to help the company!

I do not want to be in a situation where I am using a headset for an important call - say emergency services like police where you need to be quiet, or are driving but need to be hands free, etc. - then my phone cannot remain connected to the headset even if it's wired. I want to love this phone and the company, but please, please, please, take action and remedy this situation as it is frankly, as is demonstrated with my examples, a huge problem that could only get worse.

One time poster
Message 263 of 574
Message 263 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Had my z5 premium repaired five times before it was replaced and now the replacement has done exactly the same thing with the Jack so I am currently waiting for yet another replacement and Sony claim that it isn't an issue on anyone else's handset so it must be me! Wake up Sony!!
One time poster
Message 264 of 574
Message 264 of 574

I'm very disappointed with the service. Got quotation for screen replace, which is in PERFECT condition. Then support chat told me, that there is a damage to the bottom panel which voids warranty.  Last time I've sent the phone with same fault, it already had the damage on the bottom panel. BOTTOM PANEL. Headset jack is located on the top. The forum has 27 pages of this subject. This is obviously manufacture fault. Some people been sending phone for repair multiple times, and You guys just blame it on cosmetic damage on the other side of the phone. Pathetic service. No more SONY phones for me.

One time poster
Message 265 of 574
Message 265 of 574

Sound About Works. Media audio: Doc (analog)
One time poster
Message 266 of 574
Message 266 of 574

Re: Z5P jack not working

Also is't a hardware problem 

since i tried to use SoundAbout application Which force the telfone to be in mode such as headfones are connected so it works

but there is a problem in the software or something else i dont know 

in addition this application is trial version only for 1 month what after ???

Visitor
Message 267 of 574
Message 267 of 574

Clean up your aux input hole from your Phone. Headphone Jack needs to be completly in or this bug will appear. Soundabout also resolves this but I think it's easier just to clean the hole.
Learner
Message 268 of 574
Message 268 of 574

that does not work

Inhabitant
Message 269 of 574
Message 269 of 574

Fifth replacement phone for the same fault has now stopped working. The funny thing is the headphone jack has never been used. 

Pile of crap.

Adept
Message 270 of 574
Message 270 of 574

@Jarbix wrote:
Clean up your aux input hole from your Phone. Headphone Jack needs to be completly in or this bug will appear. Soundabout also resolves this but I think it's easier just to clean the hole.

It's not a bug. Soundabout is a software fix for a hardware issue that only restores partial headphone functionality.