account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 231 of 574
Message 231 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

My headphone jack isn't working either for about a week. Wouldn't have noticed it except for the fact my speakerphone isn't working either so I can only do voice calls as video calls require speakerphone.

I have done the diagnostics on the speakerphone which tests fine, but when on a call, once I put the call on speaker then the other person can't hear me.

I had a Samsung before and I never had any problems, thinking of going back as Sony is really messing up my life. 

Visitor
Message 232 of 574
Message 232 of 574

Sorry... The Soundabout app worked. Thanks for the suggestion.
Yau
Rookie
Message 233 of 574
Message 233 of 574

I also had this problem. Already sent back to service center third time and the problem not solve at all, use around two week it spoiled again. Although Sony had made new Sony Z5 Premium replacement for me, the headphone jack problem also occurs agains.
One time poster
Message 234 of 574
Message 234 of 574

Hi,

Does anyone have any clear solution for this? I have had the phone since June and the past week i cannot listen to music with headphones.

Really need to be able to listen to headphones for the week after christmas as i will be working 3 days completely alone and it will be horrible without music/podcasts Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 235 of 574
Message 235 of 574

I use Soundabout and it works fine. Yes this is something clearly needs to he fix by Sony or they'll lose customers especially going into the future.
Learner
Message 236 of 574
Message 236 of 574

Even if the app makes it work it won't fix the headset, now I can't use the noise reduction feature of my headset because that's not something the app takes care about. Let's hope Nougat fixed this!

One time poster
Message 237 of 574
Message 237 of 574

I have the same problem, I bought my xperia z5 premium dual 7 months back, the headphone jack was working fine, and whenever I connect my hone to an external speaker/headphone, it was automatically starting the music application, so it was perfect, up untill one day it didn't work anymore, (I don't remember what was the change that has made it not working), I thought it is hardware problem, upuntill I found this discussion, I have downloaded the sound about and it worked, I have tried almost all other suggestion all didn't work,

sound about is not a good solution for me, because while getting in teh car or driving starting SoundAbout and switching the audio output manually is not something friendly to do specially that it was working fine before.

there should be a fix for that or at least an explanation from Sony

One time poster
Message 238 of 574
Message 238 of 574

+1 for pulling lint out of the headphone jack to fix it.

I used a compressed air nozzle to get a little bit out, and pulled the rest out by gently scraping inside the headphone jack with the end of a paper clip.

3 big ol' balls of fuzz came out.

Saved me $100+ bucks from taking it into the store.

Whoever suggested the problem was lint, thank you!

One time poster
Message 239 of 574
Message 239 of 574

Dave1205 (please look in page 20..he has the answer!!)  Thanks!! After trying everything your little trick worked fine! Such a bad quality in the building of this piece. 

One time poster
Message 240 of 574
Message 240 of 574

I downloaded soundabout and it works. But i am worried that my phone is 3 months old and i can't use a handsfree kit with my xperia z5 compact for the last month without downloading an app!