account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 561 of 569
Message 561 of 569

Re: Headphone jack not working

Thanks for soundabout app succession. I was thinking that headphone jack has problem because of i tested many headphones. But now i know there is no problem wish jack . The problem is sony and its idiot developers and cate team. Thing's getting worse when they update android and makes user crazy with their moron questions like "have u tested another headphone blabla..“ 

One time poster
Message 562 of 569
Message 562 of 569

Headphone jack not working

One time poster
Message 563 of 569
Message 563 of 569

Maine 7 se 8 mahine ke baad headphone Lagaye headphone kaam nhi kar rhe 

I do not have headphone-mounted headphones working after 7 to 8 months
 gt

Apprentice
Message 564 of 569
Message 564 of 569

Ezy commissioner, I really appreciate your comment as it did help, the jack waa packed with pocket nonsense but cleaned it and they work nicely 

Learner
Message 565 of 569
Message 565 of 569

Xperia Z5 premium dual (E6883) headphone jack not working

Hey Xperia !!! I have an issue about my device that is concerning with headphone wire no detection. After upgraded to Nougat (7.1.1) which is last line given to our device Xperia Z5 premium Dual. I realized that error over a period probably 6 months. I have no habit of listening songs via Headphone wire.Firstly I thought that my headphone jack was broken. But when I google that error on community , everyone faces just like me. They also have problem after upgraded to 7.1.1 . It was really smooth during Marshmallow. Everything was fine in Marshmallow version. Everyone who use Xperia z5 premium dual discussed widely about that error on community. But Sony team hasn't solved problem yet. That's not hardware error. I know it strongly because it was really smooth in Marshmallow. Now everyone uses "Soundabout" app to escape that problem. But that's really weird & inconvenient. Every time changing setting in "Soundabout" app to listen music via headphone wire. Please focus errors in older flagship devices. Sony always interest in production of new devices. Please solve errors & take feedback from your costumers.
One time poster
Message 566 of 569
Message 566 of 569

I have the same problem on my sony xz1 Compact. I have my sony half a year and all of a sudden without any water damage or something my headphone jack stopped working. I solved this the first time true doing a hard reset. After this my jack worked about a week and now it is back. I have now solved it with an app called 'audio router' from the playstore and i hope it will get permanently fixed in the next system update from Sony

Visitor
Message 567 of 569
Message 567 of 569

Re: Xperia Z5 premium dual (E6883) headphone jack not working

I owe Xperia z5 premium dual, experiencing same audio jack issue after I installed Nougat, before it was working nicely, really it's disgusting Sony such a big brand, not looking after such a serious issues, that's why other competitors getting good hold in market day by day 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 568 of 569
Message 568 of 569

Wair headphon

Sony Z5 premium 

The headphones is not working 

Plz I need to fix it 

Contact me in

<personal information removed>

Enthusiast
Message 569 of 569
Message 569 of 569

So, is this a hardware or software issue?

For me, the issue randomly started last week and I don't believe there have been any recent software updates although I did encrypt my phone and it previously was not.  

I had tried multiple headphones/headsets and nothing worked so I assumed it was a hardware issue (broken jack).  But I tried the Soundabout test... and the headphones work when using Soundabout!

I'd rather not have to use Soundabout... any confirmation of what the issue really is?

Edit/Additional Info:  Specifically for my situation, seems to be a hardware issue that can partially be worked around via SoundAbout.  Phone cannot detect wired headphones being inserted or removed (confirmed this via testing with FM Radio App).  However, I can force sound into the headphones successfully via SoundAbout.  There's no way to get FM Radio to work, though.

Yet another Edit/Update: I noticed that I could get speakers in headphones/headset to work, but not microphone.  I used a thumbtack to scrape and jostle the connection point for the microphone contact and all of the sudden everything works again even without SoundAbout.  So, sort of fixed... until it happens again.