account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 541 of 574
Message 541 of 574

Re: Z5 premium: Headphone port (jack 3.5 mm) doesn't work

It's good to see your headphone started working.  But don't be so quick on declaring that your jack is OK.. Did you notice in the notification bar that the symbol of headphones come on when you plug headphones in. ?  Beside can you use the radio fm app while using soundabout?  

Let me tell you something.. I have same problem.. I used soundaout and my headphone started working.  But thing is that my headphones still don't get detected and the fm app says please connect a wired headphones... 

It means if the problem is solely in software, then y not installing soundabout makes your fm app think that a headphone is connected.?? 

Regular
Message 542 of 574
Message 542 of 574

I haven't used soundabout. I didn't see why i had to on a brand new phone. 

Visitor
Message 543 of 574
Message 543 of 574

Re: Xperia Z5 Head phone jack sound disconnect

I agree. Know phones get problems and need tech support , but apparently Sony doesn't!  Where  is the sticky for this issue and why is it closed as solved when it clearly isn't?

This isn't the first time I've had support questions and only had help from other users. 

I will NOT be going Sony again. After many years thinking Sony was a reputable brand. 

Emperor
Message 544 of 574
Message 544 of 574

Re: Xperia Z5 Head phone jack sound disconnect

@Red100

You are aware that this is a user based forum right?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 545 of 574
Message 545 of 574

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 546 of 574
Message 546 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Hi, I was using that after things went haywire. It did help, until the phone finally gave up. Soundabout was the last resort.

One time poster
Message 547 of 574
Message 547 of 574

Headphone jack problem

Hi I just use my Z5 premium for 3months and my headphone audio jack is not working, tried with different earphones, but when I use an app called sound about it works for media audio, I have done a software repair using Xperia companion and still the problem isn't solved. Can anyone help me please 

One time poster
Message 548 of 574
Message 548 of 574

Jack plug

Le son du micro lorsque je branche un headphone gresille

The sound of the microphone when I plug a sizzling headphone

gT

Learner
Message 549 of 574
Message 549 of 574

Re: Headphones

Translation via Google Translate:

I have the same situation, and that it is insulting in my city there are no service centers

У меня такая же ситуация,  и что обидно в моей городе нет сервис центров 

One time poster
Message 550 of 574
Message 550 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Then according to what I've seen in several pages and forums we can rule out that:

1-It's not a hardware problem
2-It is not the operating system
3-It's not a problem with headphones

All this points to the problem being in the software or the drivers of the application that detects them