account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 531 of 574
Message 531 of 574

Re: Xperia Z5 Head phone jack sound disconnect

I have been using only sony phones all these years. I am using my Z5 premium since 1 year in which I got my phone replaced under warranty in 5 months due to charge board complaint and now the new phone is having problem with jack in another 6 months time. So I have already decided that this will be the last Sony phone I will be using and I will not recommend sony anymore to any of my friends.

One time poster
Message 532 of 574
Message 532 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

You're a genius. Just like you said. A wood stick do the trick. There was a lot of cotton inside the audio jack. Still don't know why soundabout works.....

Thanks!

One time poster
Message 533 of 574
Message 533 of 574

Hi people.

The stick trick works great !!

Thanks to all 

Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 534 of 574
Message 534 of 574

Re: Xperia z5 premium head phone jack broken

Hi themayhem, I can honestly say I have the same problem of not more and this seems like Sony don't want to do anything about it. My audio is completely gone!! Can't make or take calls or hear anything at all, "audio hardware has stopped working" is the message I get as soon as I reset my phone, all the time. They told me my phone was beyond economical repair ( what do they even mean by that!?!?) My replacement fee was £320 approximately, theres no way im basically paying £900+ for a phone.

Instead of the tiny scratch on the phone, mine was the the slim metal frame next to the power button that was Loose. You can tell that it was clearly a design fault as the metal framing is very thin on the power button side.

Anyway they said that voided my warranty and I asked them what if it was a little scratch (like what happend to yours) and they couldn't answer that, just told me it's something they'll have to look into but in my case it was the bent metal framing. I made it very clear to them that they phone was working well before and after the bend, it has nothing to do with the loss of audio.

My girlfriend has the same phone and she's now having problems with her audio. This is clearly a problem on their side and they really need to reimburse us for this. Or is it because the phones are not exploding like some other phobes??? Sony if you're reading this please up your game. You can really afford to fix this, but I guess for you it's profit before product quality before customer satisfaction.

One time poster
Message 535 of 574
Message 535 of 574

I have z5 premium and after updating my device to 7.1 the headphone jack didn't working so help me

I have z5 premium and after updating my device to 7.1 the headphone jack didn't working so help me

Learner
Message 536 of 574
Message 536 of 574

Headphones

Translation via Google Translate:

Tell me please, who faced this problem the phone stopped to determine the headphones. I insert the headphones and no reaction, the sound as it passed through the speakers and goes. Who knows how to fix such a problem?

Скажи пожалуйста,  кто сталкивался с такой проблемой телефон перестал определять наушники. Вставляю наушники и ни какой реакции, звук как проходил через динамики так и идёт. Кто знает как исправить такую проблему?

One time poster
Message 537 of 574
Message 537 of 574

Re: Headphones

Translation via Google Translate:

There is no solution for that, just a bluetooth headset

No hay solucion para eso, solo una ariculares bluetooth

Message 538 of 574
Message 538 of 574

Re: Headphones

@FRANKZ @Breez

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your messages. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 539 of 574
Message 539 of 574

this may help you:  download sound about app and turn it on , you can change output like sperker, headphone,usb audio, etc

Regular
Message 540 of 574
Message 540 of 574

I sent my XP Premium under warranty to fonfix and they replaced the logic board and touch wood it's worked. On the report it states upgrade fault. 

Hope this helps