account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 291 of 574
Message 291 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Hi.. Actually, couples months ago until now, my audio jack still not working.. I don't know why, i have tried some of the solution.. At the end, still the same.. Someone pls guide me how to fix it other than send it to the centre..
One time poster
Message 292 of 574
Message 292 of 574

i have never had a issue with a sony phone or product... until a new software update is released, then magically something stops working. in this case its my headphone jack, it worked last night fine no problem i did the update went to the gym plugged my headphones in like normal and it doesnt detect them, i give it a blow out, tried all the suggestion on here and nothing.

so why are these phones breaking for everyone just by chance or is it legitmately the fact sony releases an update to delibrately brick part of your phone or product to receive extra money for repairs or a new product??

soundabout can send music to my wired heaphones so why cant my phone detect them?????? 

One time poster
Message 293 of 574
Message 293 of 574

Sony, making very bad quality phones, i am really surprized with my Xperia Z5P Dual, it is leaking under water to front camera and headphone jack is not working, there was problem with wifi also but luckily after update and safe mode,now wifi working.
I think this is my last Xperia device, cause i buy Sony for it is quality, but as I experienced, there is no quality, i can buy chinese phones which are actually working better than xperia.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 294 of 574
Message 294 of 574

Headphone jack isn't working

2nd claim about to be 3Rd on insurance due to headphone jack not working. What's the solution here Sony? Nothing else wrong with the phone except this.

One time poster
Message 295 of 574
Message 295 of 574

Sony xperia z5 premium dual headphone not detected

Sony xperia z5 premium dual headphone not detected
Forum Legend
Message 296 of 574
Message 296 of 574

Re: Sony xperia z5 premium dual headphone not detected

which headphones are you using?

have you tried other ones?

can you try it while you are on safe mode

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Visitor
Message 297 of 574
Message 297 of 574

Re: Z5P jack not working

Just bought this phone but 2 months after the audio jack doesn't work. it seems there's a hardware or tiny metal inside the port that doesn't connect with my headset jack. I called the PH service center but they needed to get the phone and check it for in Manila, Philippines. This is just frustrating since I bought this phone costing me P30,000 Philippine pesos but after a few months there's already a problem. I'm having doubts with Sony's brand and products. This is my second Sony phone (Sony Xperia Z5 premium dual) the first one got broke Sony Xperia Z2.

Visitor
Message 298 of 574
Message 298 of 574

Hi Sony users,

I would like to suggest to maybe escalate this issue. If we can gather everyone having similar problems like this as I think this is the product main but silent problem we can gather our concern collectively through this group. or if you have a better suggestion to collect us all so Sony will handle this properly and diligently or if a product recall is needed (not only to those exploding other brand's gadget) they should treat this seriously and repair it or give our money back.

Thanks

Visitor
Message 299 of 574
Message 299 of 574

SepYong,

I agree, I've had the phone a year and after an update the headphone jack doesnt work! Obviously a software fault, but after speaking to Sony Technical support, and following all the advice given, the only option is to send the phone in for repair.

Sad thing is, I listened to the advice given and carried out a software repair, but before the repair i backed up. After the software repair the headphone jack still didnt work so i tried to restore my data and that doesnt even work 100%. dont have any of my texts for the past 6 months.

Sony, you obviously have a lot of pissed off customers here, get your act together! Looks like i'm going back to iPhone after this bad experience! Sort your act out!

Adept
Message 300 of 574
Message 300 of 574

@fez1 wrote:

SepYong,

I agree, I've had the phone a year and after an update the headphone jack doesnt work! Obviously a software fault, but after speaking to Sony Technical support, and following all the advice given, the only option is to send the phone in for repair.

Sad thing is, I listened to the advice given and carried out a software repair, but before the repair i backed up. After the software repair the headphone jack still didnt work so i tried to restore my data and that doesnt even work 100%. dont have any of my texts for the past 6 months.

Sony, you obviously have a lot of pissed off customers here, get your act together! Looks like i'm going back to iPhone after this bad experience! Sort your act out!

It's not a software issue it's a hardware issue, and that is why you needed to send your phone in for repair. The fact it failed after a software update is coincidental. Check this thread, some have had theirs repaired several times.

Sony is either oblivious to this issue or don't care. If the latter, then they fail to understand that upgrades to their newer phones are more likely to come from current owners, who are all now very annoyed and looking elsewhere for their next phone. Sony Fail.