account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 251 of 574
Message 251 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Hi @CalBrod,

i don't think so it a hardware.....i did plug in the headphone to the phone then i reboot the phone. After reboot, i can use the headphone without hassle, i played with the jack, twist it around (but not un-plug it from phone) to ensure no problem if i move around during using the phone and.... it is OK....no interruption.

So my conclusion, it is the firmware issue. TQ

Adviser
Message 252 of 574
Message 252 of 574

I wanted to listen to some youtube on my Z5P yesterday, and noticed that the headphone icon didn't show up in the notification bar when I plugged my headphones in !!

I thought my headphones were broken - tried on my laptop and they were working fine !

Plugged back into phone, rotated them around (incase dust had settled) but it didn't fix the issue.

Rebooted phone, but it also didn't fix the issue

Apprentice
Message 253 of 574
Message 253 of 574

I've just turned my brightness up full and cant see any light coming through on my z5 premium? But my headphones have also stopped working
Rookie
Message 254 of 574
Message 254 of 574

z5 headphone jack shorted

Hi, Water got in the headphone jack, then phone started going crazy as if I was plugging headphones in and out repeatedly. Now the phone is dead, except for three vibrations; and then one vibration followed by the Sony Xperia screen with white background, then back to off. Any thoughts? Is it bricked, will Sony even consider a repair under warranty? Do I take it somewhere local? It's had 4 days in rice, but I'm convinced no water got inside the phone at all. Thanks to anyone who may be able to help. Cheers Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 255 of 574
Message 255 of 574

Re: z5 headphone jack shorted

@jgpd

You were supposed to wait for the socket to dry out entirely before using the headphones, the same goes for the charging usb port.

Only our Local support can answer warranty questions, you can request a vacuum test, that will narrow down the issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 256 of 574
Message 256 of 574

Re: z5 headphone jack shorted

Thanks. I wasn't plugging anything in. It happened spontaneously
Message 257 of 574
Message 257 of 574

It works with the SOUNDABOUT app only, what would be the problem?!!
One time poster
Message 258 of 574
Message 258 of 574

Z5 premium headphone repair

Well my headphone jack stopped working last week so I sent my phone back to sony for repair. (1yr old).

I've just got off the phone to a chap ,called Jamie in the UK repair center to be told I will need to pay for a new screen as it's faulty!  I explained there is nothing wrong with my screen and it's the headphone jack that is faulty. Apparently they have to return the phone to me in a condition it can be sold in,  just because it has a small dent in the corner of the case.

They will not fix just the jack, but will replace the screen at my cost and then fix the jack!  

Just unbelievable, this is a known fault with these handsets!

I have owned a large amount of Sony products in my home,  if I can't get this issue resolved I will be reducing that number!

Also just found a guide to taking a z5 premium apart and it clearly shows the headphone jack is completely separate from the screen and case and would not require these to be replaced!

Adept
Message 259 of 574
Message 259 of 574

Re: Z5 premium headphone repair

@Setto0l wrote:

Well my headphone jack stopped working last week so I sent my phone back to sony for repair. (1yr old).

I've just got off the phone to a chap ,called Jamie in the UK repair center to be told I will need to pay for a new screen as it's faulty!  I explained there is nothing wrong with my screen and it's the headphone jack that is faulty. Apparently they have to return the phone to me in a condition it can be sold in,  just because it has a small dent in the corner of the case.

They will not fix just the jack, but will replace the screen at my cost and then fix the jack!  

Just unbelievable, this is a known fault with these handsets!

I have owned a large amount of Sony products in my home,  if I can't get this issue resolved I will be reducing that number!

Also just found a guide to taking a z5 premium apart and it clearly shows the headphone jack is completely separate from the screen and case and would not require these to be replaced!

The exact same thing happened to me in Australia.

Sent my phone back in for headphone jack repair, and they told me the screen needed replacing when it didn't have a scratch. They then tried to extort over $600 for me to get that fixed. An absolute joke; Sony should be ashamed. My next phone will not be a Sony.

One time poster
Message 260 of 574
Message 260 of 574

Hi my headset headphones jack not working I have tried two three headphones but still not working