account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 221 of 574
Message 221 of 574

z5 premium dual headphone jack problem

headphones not detected anymore but it works fine with soundabout i've tried the headphones with another device and it works i tried safe mode ,restore settings and software repair i am sure it's a software issue.
i visted rezk allah support in egypt they did not even see my device they only asked for 300 egp for replacing the jack and saying the warranty isn't working cause i bought the device from ksa.
could anyone help me
Apprentice
Message 222 of 574
Message 222 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Why only happens to Z5 premium, got Samsung note 3 before and never ever need to do cleaning for pass few years.
One time poster
Message 223 of 574
Message 223 of 574

Will Sony do the repair even tho the phone isn't sold in the US?
One time poster
Message 224 of 574
Message 224 of 574

Sudden headphone jack not recognizing properly

I bought my XperiaZ5 last year December in Singapore, so its been 11 months.
Since yesterday night suddenly my phone didn't recognize any headphones or anything through the jack unless i press it in hard but it just glitches abit and goes back to nothing.
I'm guilty of listening to music all day with headphones every where (even in shower) and using headphone jack plug thingy...
I've tried what ever i can find online( restart w/o the headphones, sim card, micro SD card disabling the smart connect, installing sound about, cleaning the jack)
Currently i'm in Osaka, japan till 24th December so it would be great if there's help in here
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 225 of 574
Message 225 of 574

hi

I am scared of facing this issue in future

is one of the connector's pins bent or somthing? can we straiten it or some fixes like that or should we send it back for a repair which gonna end in another issue ?

btw i've bought 2  Z5 Premium dual

ones screen is yellowish and noticeably darker than the other which is more bluish(whit both adaptive brightness set to of and at full brightness).

is it normal?

can it be from the screen protector installed on screen or is it another failure?

thanks in advance.

One time poster
Message 226 of 574
Message 226 of 574

Re: Xperia z5 premium head phone jack broken

I have the exact same problem here and my phone is in a very good condition !

One time poster
Message 227 of 574
Message 227 of 574

Headphones are detected after clearing data. But music stops whenever the mobile is shaked. Please give some permanent solution.
One time poster
Message 228 of 574
Message 228 of 574

Headphone jack.

I believe there is a problem with my headphone jack. When I insert my headphones into the jack they do nkt work, as if there are no headphones in the first place. But when i press the piece down with force the device recognizes the headphones. Help.
Visitor
Message 229 of 574
Message 229 of 574

Yeah you are true, it costs a serious money but their service is too bad even they treat the customers as their headache (that to its services are too worst in china) I felt it when I also stuck with the same problem of disfunctioning of my phone earphone jack.
Really lost a little respect on Sony since they can't fix the problems of users satisfactorily. Better we would have gone for other worthy devices for this price of 5300yuan...
Visitor
Message 230 of 574
Message 230 of 574

So i had this mystery sound problem again today.  First time i had this I sent the phone back to Sony and it was repaired.  This time   I installed soundabout and hey presto it started working after forcing audio the headphones.  I then uninstalled soundabout and it still works.  This must be some sort of system software issue.  I suggest you get this sorted Sony, it has seriously dented my confidence in ever buying a Sony device again (fyi i bought the phone direct from Sony)

kind regard

Stu