account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 191 of 574
Message 191 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

You need to send your phone for Jack replacement.. But it's useless..it will work for 3months and broke again, l have send mine 4times and now broke again..Sony not even admit their hardware failure..lol funny thing..l was thinking to buy a xz but l look in their xz thread same thing is happening there..headphones stop working and moreover double tap issue coming from a hardware failure.. Lm a Sony fan but lm very disappointed..
Adept
Message 192 of 574
Message 192 of 574

I'm with @Dodo1515, I had a high regard for Sony phones, and had every intention of sticking with the brand for my next and subsequent phones. But not now; this is simply unacceptable. Sony's silence on the matter is also disturbing from a customer perspective.

Apprentice
Message 193 of 574
Message 193 of 574

What kind of support forum is this, officials not even responding to the complaints. I am die hard fan of Sony still its too much to tolerate.. Already spent a lot on Sony phones.. I can see u r mobile division is gona be shutdown tht why r not abt ur customers.. 🖕🖕🖕🖕to the Sony team who designed z5premium, overheating, headphones jack issue, high price, low performance camera...
Inhabitant
Message 194 of 574
Message 194 of 574

On to my 4th repacement.

The problem is that Sony doesn't have an effective method of escalating reported faults to be examined at a high level.

When I spoke to a manager in the escalation team, he said that this was an unreported problem - despite this thread being almost a year old.

Companies like Sony forget that the actual product only accounts for 50 percent of the customer experience, aftersales count for the other half, and based on this ordeal it would be highly unlikely anybody affected would even consider another Sony product, moble phone or otherwise.

When Sony publish their next quarterly sales figures and see how poorly their mobile division is performing, I hope that they will finally take into account the feedback us and their other customers have offered through these forums. Unfortunately by then, most of us will likely be former Sony customers. 

Epe
One time poster
Message 195 of 574
Message 195 of 574

I have a Z5 Premium Dual and is experiencing the same problem. Reading your comments and noticing that there is no response from Sony's side makes me want to switch to other brands.
Enthusiast
Message 196 of 574
Message 196 of 574

You're absolutely right. Sony service centre representatives ignore customers needs and for this particular reason, once the best performing Sony Ericsson brand has lost loyalty in India. The company needs to take the service terms more seriously! They have replaced my Xperia Z5 Premium twice however I don't see a solution in this. They'll either have to permanently rectify the issue else provide a replacement with a newer model! I asked them for a Xperia XZ. Waiting a reply from them but as per my experience, they are poor in understanding the situation. I'll update what happens.

One time poster
Message 197 of 574
Message 197 of 574

Wanted to mention that I am another victim (had a Z5 premium for 2 months).  

The only way to make it work is to hold/push the left corner to force a connection.   The problem is hardware sadly.I dont feel like losing my phone for days to get it 'repaired' to get the same problem in a loop. 

I want to be contacted by Sony, I want an apology and a compensation.  A new phone would be a dream with their financial condition, but a pair of bluetooth heaphones would be a minimum. I got a premium, not a level entry phone.

Inhabitant
Message 198 of 574
Message 198 of 574

For those thinking of requesting a repair, simply ask for a doorstop exchange. After the third repair, I was unwilling to accept another 'repair'. A manager arranged for another handset to be delivered to me.

I have noticed two things with the replacement handset - the headphone jack no longer sits flush on the top, it now potrudes slightly and secondly the handset doesn't get anywhere near as warm as my last unit. Whether these things make any difference to the headphone jack problem remains to be seen (I doubt it).

I'll almost certainly return to this forum in 3-4 months complaining about this handset again, hopefully by then I'll also be in possession of Samsung's next Galaxy or Note device. The funny thing is despite my other device being a Note 7, I'm 200% more confident in its build quality then the Z5P, even with the added risk of fire! 

Visitor
Message 199 of 574
Message 199 of 574

My headphone jack stopped working suddenly as well, i have tried everything.
Am using Bluetooth headphones for now, is there any solution?
Visitor
Message 200 of 574
Message 200 of 574

Mine is Experia Z5 Premium, my brother's as well both purchased seven months ago, mine stopped working the wire headphones, and my brother's stopped working at all, no response just died!