account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Message 181 of 574
Message 181 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

For hi res audio, you do need hi res headphones. It's not just Sony "saying" it, it's a legitimate audio standard which IS better than iTunes 256kbs, it's fact, not marketing or opinion, scientific fact.

As for camera, I disagree and so do a lot of testing facilities, but the sony cameras do take more setting up for the shot, whereas the iPhone's are more Point and shoot

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 182 of 574
Message 182 of 574

Headphone jack not working

There clearly seems to be a problem with the phone since the update. I have sent my phone for repair 3 times since June so there this obviously an issue with the phone, and not my headphones. It has been a major inconvenience for me to have the send the phone for repair. I am completely lost at what to do as Sony will just suggest that i send the phone back to them and I cannot afford to send the phone back for it to come back unrepaired. 

One time poster
Message 183 of 574
Message 183 of 574

From the first to the last page, I've already tried all of the solutions that I found, only a temporary fix worked for me. As mentioned on the first page I downloaded the app "Soundabout". I can now play through my earphones but I need to change a setting everytime I want to choose between earphones or phone speakers. It's really annoying and inconvenient but I got no choice... And I also don't have time to go to the local store where I bought this phone, Aaaaand I already had a problem the second day I got this phone. This is already a second unit. This is my first SONY Phone. And I'm disappointed. I won't buy another Sony phone again.I hope this gets fix by another update, so I could just sell this phone without wasting any more time. I've already wasted enough time fixing small problems on this phone the moment I got it.

Apprentice
Message 184 of 574
Message 184 of 574

I agree with the term Hires, and I very much enjoy Sony walkman phones since they lauched w900i. Anyway IPHONE is bit louder but it is of no use..

I cannot agree abt the camera perfomance, because I HV compared a lot with other phones especially Iphone and samsung.

Just zoom both images, u will understand the difference of quality. I can say that videocon quality is extermely good in Sony than other.

Now my issue is of headphone jack loose contact, why dont company inspect the quality before using part.. Since these phones r waterprof its not good to open 4months after purchase
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 185 of 574
Message 185 of 574

yes totally garbage. i am also on the third repair. and what if we reach the warranty? then we need to pay every repair. hope sony will make an action on this

Apprentice
Message 186 of 574
Message 186 of 574

Yes, Openly if Sony need to survive in the current market, product quality should be good.
All consumers expect this from electronics gaint Sony.
If any officials listening this,, please sent me the headphone jack part.

I am ready to pay. U r service network at India, Kerala is really bad..

Complaints can be occured to any devices, the way how company manage to rectify that problem without hurting customers is really important. I have seen it n past years this might be one among the reasons that Sony fail to imrove sales in India..

One time poster
Message 187 of 574
Message 187 of 574

Mine Z5 premium headphone jack was also not working.. Replaced and it again not working
Talent
Message 188 of 574
Message 188 of 574

My fix for it is to play some music, and when you hear music coming from the speakers, plug your headphones in. It worked for me even though I have to do this whenever I Unplug and want to plug in again
Inhabitant
Message 189 of 574
Message 189 of 574

That does not work for any of my three replacement phones.

One time poster
Message 190 of 574
Message 190 of 574

Z5 -NOT WORK OUT THE HEADPHONES

hello, after the last update stopped working off the auriculares.De the only way that works is using a program called: Soundabout. They help me to solve this problem ?? Thank you. 

my phone is a dual sim premium z5