account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 71 of 574
Message 71 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Had mine fixed twice. And it just stopped working again. Ridiculous.
One time poster
Message 72 of 574
Message 72 of 574

I have the same problem.
Since there are so many reports from the users here, SONY should make an official announcement to clarify wheather the case is due to hardware or software.
Keeping quiet will just increase frustration of users and lose users of SONY products in the future.
One time poster
Message 73 of 574
Message 73 of 574

Headphone Jack

Has anyone experienced the headphone Jack cutting in and out when nothing is connected? My phone was possessed for 2 hours today, getting the notification that something was connected then not in rapid fire concession.

This happened once before when my son lightly sprayed me with the garden hose while trying to take a photo of him. I would have to think a phone that is supposed to be water proof (but we are not supposed to get it wet now)

Any thoughts?
Forum Legend
Message 74 of 574
Message 74 of 574

Re: Headphone Jack

this has been reported several times, try to use the search bar above to see problems and possible solutions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Enthusiast
Message 75 of 574
Message 75 of 574

Re: Headphone Jack

I had the same issue; now the phone is in repair center for replacement. 

sony taking time for swap! don't know why!!

Visitor
Message 76 of 574
Message 76 of 574

Re: Xperia z5 premium head phone jack broken

Hello all,

I have the same issue since 2 days ago... the jack connection seems is very weak and easy to broke... tons of people is having this issue.

Should I bring the phone to the tech support from my actual country or from the country that i bought the phone? 

I bought the phone on January, should I go to the shop where I bought it???Thinking Face

Visitor
Message 77 of 574
Message 77 of 574

Guys its very comon problem with Xperia Z5Premium i to faced twice but Sony is now becoming Poor on service part they want to repair the Device instead of Replacement its such a same on a Brand its a flagship model of a Brand but they don't care atall
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 78 of 574
Message 78 of 574

Headphone jack not working

I am using z5 premium dual.it was working normal..but today when I use headphone not getting identified in phone...I think problem in update of smart connect or others.. Please help me in..when I updated other headphone app..it's working.. Please help me in smartconnect
Message 79 of 574
Message 79 of 574

Sorry but nearly all manufacturers will repair a headphone port rather than issue a replacement handset.
It comes under "reasonable cost"
Always, as a first try, go into settings, apps, smartconnect and clear cache and data. This clears a lot of problems

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 80 of 574
Message 80 of 574

I'm quiet sure the phone isn't water proof anymore. Make sure you check with the service centre where u got it fixed whether it is still water proof.