account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 41 of 574
Message 41 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Hi,

I think that itsn't a software issue.
It must be a hardware problem.
Try to blow strongly compressed air (for example compressor tire) to the earphone jack port .
I had the same problem and it helped me.

Learner
Message 42 of 574
Message 42 of 574

Sony has to release an update for this issue as its coming up on a lot of Z5 premium phones, Calling it a premium phones doesn't make it one, services also have to be premium.Please Sony do something.
Adviser
Message 43 of 574
Message 43 of 574

Love to know if this is a hardware or software problem.

This is my first sony phone and supposedly "premium" yet I can't even listen to music via headphones or bluetooth..

I have never even used headphones in my phone, it is only 1 month old. Not sure what to do..
Apprentice
Message 44 of 574
Message 44 of 574

I truly agree with @jamietd. So please someone from Support relay this issue to the higher ups.

This is also my first Sony phone, and by the looks of it, this will be the last.

Message 45 of 574
Message 45 of 574

I have the same problem. My Z5P's audio jack just died after one month of use. Just installed SoundAbout and it fixed the problem which means that this is DEFINITELY A SOFTWARE PROBLEM. 

WAKE UP SONY! This is the most expensive smartphone I've ever purchased and I can't believe the incompetence in software-hardware integration. 

One time poster
Message 46 of 574
Message 46 of 574

For you and everyone else, most of the time the issue is caused by Sony's "Smart Connect" App.
You'd think Sony's developers would test their updates!
If you just disable the app completely, the headphone jack works without any issues!

If after that your headphones still aren't picking up, you can chalk it to using headphones with remote (ie 3 rim headphone jack) and some not all work (my JBL's dont, but Sonys ones that came with the phone do as well as my Sennheisers)

To disable the app completely (on Marshmallow Android) -->

App Draw / Settings / Apps (make sure All Apps is selected) / Smart Connect 
Force Stop and then Disable.

Rebooting the phone will still keep the App disabled so you dont need to do this continously.
Also you dont need another 3rd party app like Soundabout.

Hope this helps!

One time poster
Message 47 of 574
Message 47 of 574

Solution to my ear phone jack

Currently my Sony Xperia z5 ear phone jack ain't working. It just doesn't recognize when I stick my head phones in them.pls help
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 48 of 574
Message 48 of 574

Surely if Soundabout works then it's a software problem???
Apprentice
Message 49 of 574
Message 49 of 574

Another person with the issue and it did work with lollipop. SoundAbout forcing the audio to headphones also works.
Oddly though, if I squeeze a bit on the headphone area it does show the normal icon so it could be both hardware and software in my case?

Apprentice
Message 50 of 574
Message 50 of 574

I think it's a pin/contact thats used solely for headphone detection thats not working/worn down in the jack.. I have the same issue as of this morning.