account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 21 of 574
Message 21 of 574

Re: Xperia Z5 Head phone jack sound disconnect

@Anandpalled

Do you experience the same on >>> safe mode ?

I can't recreate this problem, perhaps you should get your phone inspected by your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 22 of 574
Message 22 of 574

I had the same problem. Just after the marshmallow update the headphones won't function any more. This has to be something to do with the update.
Apprentice
Message 23 of 574
Message 23 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Yes i tried to reboot using safe mode...if it was a hardware problem then it would have not worked with the sound about as well...from what i suspect is its a software problem..
Apprentice
Message 24 of 574
Message 24 of 574

@majorsoni i didnt drop my phone or used it rought did you...if not then its a genuine software problem
Learner
Message 25 of 574
Message 25 of 574

Hello, since updating Marshmallow headphones are no longer detected. I restored the settings by defects, but it changes nothing. The headphone jack worked perfectly with lollipop.
In addition, after you update marshmallow, the flashlight sometimes flickers.
I want to clarify that I always do very atention to my smartphone.

Does anyone has the same problem?

Posted from France

Learner
Message 26 of 574
Message 26 of 574

There seems to be a problem with the headphone detection on a few phones after the update. Mine switches back and forth between headphones and speaker for a couple of seconds, but then it settles on headphone.

Learner
Message 27 of 574
Message 27 of 574

What to do to solve the problem?
Apprentice
Message 28 of 574
Message 28 of 574

I don't think it's Mashmallow as mine stopped working while I was still on Lolipop. I've had my phone for a month and a half now, and my headphones stopped working just 2 weeks ago. There had been an instance when it did get detected but just didn't output through the headphones. Now it just doesn't even detect them. And by the looks of the posts here, there ain't gonna be a fix for this anytime soon Slightly frowning Face
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 29 of 574
Message 29 of 574

I have also attempted to replicate this issue and can not. With this being the case please do follow the advice of Uliwooly and contact your local Xperia care team so that they may look into these issues individually.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 30 of 574
Message 30 of 574

Mine has also stopped working yesterday. Tried 3 sets of headphones and  they are not detected, sound comes out the speaker. I cant hear a clicking sound through the headsets and there is nothing obstructing the headphone jack.