account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 574
Message 3 of 574

Headphone jack not working

My headsets don't get detected, it happened a couple of days ago, I have tried another headsets too, phone is about 2 months old.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 29 of 574
Message 29 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

I have also attempted to replicate this issue and can not. With this being the case please do follow the advice of Uliwooly and contact your local Xperia care team so that they may look into these issues individually.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

573 REPLIES 573
Learner
Message 1 of 574
Message 1 of 574

Headphone Socket Issues

Hey, so I have the new Xperia Z5 Premium and I had some issues with the headphone socket. I took the phone to my provider for repairs.

Since I have had the phone back I can see the lighting from the screen through the headphone socket. I can't 100% remember whether this was like that before I took the phone for repair.

Has anyone else had this happen or know if this is normal for the phone?

Thanks

Emperor
Message 2 of 574
Message 2 of 574

Re: Headphone Socket Issues

@Zane

Just checked on my Z5 Premium, that's normal 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 574
Message 4 of 574

Check if there's anything inside also try to clear smartconnect app data.

To clear the app data
1. Tap the Application screen icon.
2. Find and tap Settings > Apps.
3. Swipe to the All tab.
4. Find and tap on the SmartConnect app.
5. Tap Force stop > Clear data.
6. Restart the phone
Learner
Message 5 of 574
Message 5 of 574

I have tried that too, still not working 😞
Adept
Message 6 of 574
Message 6 of 574

Mine has broken to. This appears to be a major problem as I've read that this has happened to loads of people. Sony will repair but you'll lose your phone for 10 days, not good enough Sony you should switch the units this phone cost serious money and people can't afford to be without their phones whilst you repair. Rant over.

Download an app called soundabout this will force the music to the headphone socket. Its a bit temperamental but it should work.
Regular
Message 7 of 574
Message 7 of 574

Z5P jack not working

Hi, my jack is not working, the sound comes from the speaker even when my headphones are connected 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 574
Message 8 of 574

Re: Z5P jack not working

Hi @Panda95,

Have you tried other headphones just to be sure it's the jack?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 9 of 574
Message 9 of 574

yes I tried other headphones but same issue

Adept
Message 10 of 574
Message 10 of 574

Sony need to recall the phones clearly a problem with the jack. Download soundabout from play store.