account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Has anyone paid for a replacement battery?

Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Has anyone paid for a replacement battery?

Has anyone sent their Z5 Compact in to Sony to replace the battery? If so, how much did it cost? Sony "we don't have a price list" Mobile refused to give any kind of indication of replacement costs

My battery currently lasts < 4 hours after 18 months of usage... 

Thanks!

James

7 REPLIES 7
Adviser
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Has anyone paid for a replacement battery?

I'm considering the same thing... My z5c is in perfect condition and runs really well, but I've had it 2 years and the battery gives me about 90 mins of screen on time now.

I don't really want to send the phone away and I'm a bit apprehensive about using a local phone repair shop.

I wish Sony had stores like Apple so I could just take it in!

Apprentice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I’ve sent my phone in now. I’ll post back here with the outcome

Apprentice
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I've been quoted £53.65 to replace the battery.

Capture.PNG

Adviser
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

That's not a bad price. Local repair shops charge about £45 but wouldn't be manufacturer approved.

I'd be interested to hear how long you are without your phone and what kind of improvement you see when it is returned.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Apologies for not responding sooner, but for the record - it took a month. Sony were pretty hopeless. But they did eventually replace the battery.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi i'm sorry for resurrecting this chain but do you know if sony wiped your memory? My phone is dead and I think it needs a new battery but I have some photos that are not backed up and I would hate for sony to wipe the memory for some reason.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Sony Z5 Compact $30.00AU Battery + $20.00AU Labour at Helensvale Regards Vinnie