account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Glass

SOLVED
PJM
Regular
Message 1 of 30
Message 1 of 30

Glass

Any informaion on if the Z5 line use Gorilla glass 4, or do they still use Gorilla glass 3/Dragontrail X? 

Also is there any word on what headphones are included in the box? Noice cancelling as some regions got with Z2 or regular? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 30
Message 17 of 30

Re: Which brand of glass is on Xperia Z3 Compact?

In Z5, we use Gorilla glass on both front and back. But i'm afraid the information i have doesn't say which Gorilla glass it has.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Sage
Message 2 of 30
Message 2 of 30

Re: Glass

@PJM wrote:

Any informaion on if the Z5 line use Gorilla glass 4, or do they still use Gorilla glass 3/Dragontrail X? 

Also is there any word on what headphones are included in the box? Noice cancelling as some regions got with Z2 or regular? 

@PJM I don't have any info on your first question about the tyoe of glass used in the Z5, but may be able to cast light on your second question about headphones. In the past a set of basic in-ear headphones was always included with all Sony phones. However, the latest flagship released (the Z3+) had NO headphones in the pack, despite it being heavily promoted as providing HiDef sound. This applies to the UK and a number of other regions, but I believe some other regions did get in-ear headphones in the pack - I have no idea if they were HiDef compatible. The UK had an initial offer where you could apply for some on-ear HiDef headphones, which I managed to get with great difficulty. I think it is likely (my opinion only) that there will be no headphones in the Z5 and Z5 compact packs, but there may be a chance for headphones in the Z5 Premium package. 

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 30
Message 3 of 30

Headphones are included by the retailer or if you buy direct from Sony then it's upto them - Headphones been included is not a standard selling practise and if they have alternative offers etc then this is also a retailer selling feature and is nothing to do with Sony

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Commissioner
Message 4 of 30
Message 4 of 30

In Hong Kong including headphones is a standard practice. I got some cheap ones with my Z3 in the Sony original package
ezy
Commissioner
Message 5 of 30
Message 5 of 30

i wonder if the UK box did not come with earphones because most retailers had a promotion that gave over ear sony Hi-Res headphones for free ( X3 & X3+)...   although the offer was different between sellers with some doing speakers..

i must admit i hope this is not the first xperia flagship for a while without a free gift!  my Z1 came with a smartwatch 2 voucher.    

Commissioner
Message 6 of 30
Message 6 of 30

The headphones offered in Hong Kong were so cheap that it was actually a shame to accompany a flagship. Really!
One time poster
Message 7 of 30
Message 7 of 30

It would be nice to have more information about the glass used (front and back). About the back glass I found no information.

Sony should give information about the the glass types used in the z5 line.

Demigod
Message 8 of 30
Message 8 of 30

Glass:

Sony never used a Gorilla Glass in the "Z" series from my knowledge... 

They used X-trail in i Z1,Z2 i dont know about Z. The Xperia Z3,Z3+ are tempered glass on the front and the back . I dont know about the glasses in the Z5c,Z5,Z5 premium. Z5c will have a normall glass (idk if tempered) z5 a frosted glass and z5 premium a mirror glass

Headphones:

Sony has nothing to do with included headphone but the retailer . I remember Z1 having the nontangling headphones , the z2 had the Noice Cancelling headphones but only from Orange in Poland , z3 had the MH750 included from PLUS in Poland and Z3+ I didnt get any headphones then

Sage
Message 9 of 30
Message 9 of 30

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 10 of 30
Message 10 of 30

In Hong Kong Sony Flagship store as well as other retailers sell the phones with (cheep) phones