account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full camera res in third party apps?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 31 of 98
Message 31 of 98

Re: Full camera res in third party apps?

I've received some more information and it is correct that the max resolution is limited to 8 MP for 3:rd party camera apps with Z5.
I'm not sure if this is something that will change but i have forwarded your feedback about this.

- Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 32 of 98
Message 32 of 98

Disappointing to hear that. Why was this changed from previous models where the full resolution is available?

Will the product specs be updated to make this clear?

Talent
Message 33 of 98
Message 33 of 98

Rickard wrote:

I've received some more information and it is correct that the max resolution is limited to 8 MP for 3:rd party camera apps with Z5.
I'm not sure if this is something that will change but i have forwarded your feedback about this.

Thanks, i hope yours and ours efforts will succeed, because the details are the keys to this being probably the best phone out there by far...

Visitor
Message 34 of 98
Message 34 of 98

camera permission

I love to use third party camera apps
But all third party camera apps show me that my rear camera 8 mega pixel only
Please sony fix this issue in next update for xperia z5
So that i can take photos in 23MP with third party camera apps
One time poster
Message 35 of 98
Message 35 of 98

Rear camera 8,3 mp?

Hi, my device info camera 8,3 mp and google camera app max resolution 8,3 mp.
Antutu Benchmark
[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/28qrlmt.png[/IMG]
Talent
Message 36 of 98
Message 36 of 98

Re: Rear camera 8,3 mp?

Hi Realkarahan

Unfortunatelly, the 23MP "potential" of the sensor is not available at moment. You can only use 23MP in the stock sony camera, but in my experience, quality is worse or the same as at 8MP. 

I hope it will be available in a future. 

There are many topics discussing this, but still no solution.

Regards,

Sebastian. 

One time poster
Message 37 of 98
Message 37 of 98

Can confirm go this too. Even on benchmark results it shows 8.3MP.Hardware information programs all show 8.3MP. Greedy sony locked the higher reduction just to its own apps
Sony Xperia Support
Message 38 of 98
Message 38 of 98

Re: Bug: Z5C not compatible with HTML5 Camera API

@groovc

At the moment, the Xperia Z5 Compact is not compatible with the Google Chrome Mobile browser when using the standard HTML5 Camera API. The reason is that a third party app can enable the video stabilization mode without first checking if the API supports it. If the third party app did not automatically enable the video stabilization mode, the issue could possibly be avoided. The issue will be fixed in the Android 6.0 update.

- Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 39 of 98
Message 39 of 98

It's not.even compatible with Sony's own camera apps like.background defocus...it only allows 8mp 16:9 but it will never work on th z5..a sony made app that doesn't work on aa sony.phone...hopeless
Adviser
Message 40 of 98
Message 40 of 98

Third party cam apps resolution issue

Third party apps like Camera fv5 and Open Camera only detect 8mp 16:9. Anyone having same issue?
Plus, Manual Camera apps from Google play cannot start after installation.