account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Frequest Sudden Shutdown

Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Frequest Sudden Shutdown

My "Xperia Z5 Compact" (Android Ver. 7.0) has shut down frequently for around last 10 days. Even if the battery is still 30%, the phone suddenly shuts down and shows "low battery" indicator. Whenever shutting down, I immediately charge the power to the phone, then it recovers with indicating the original battery power (e.g. 30%).

I am feeling very stressful and irritated. If anyone has the same experiance and knows how to solve the issue, I woud like to know and request you to share & reply.

* I am using the phone in India. MNO is Airtel. I think the environment related to mobile is very bad in India and Airtel SIM(4G) consumes lot of battery power unneccesarily. In Japan or other country, it is not like that.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Frequest Sudden Shutdown

Well, I'm in PR and my Z5 battery isn't lasting that much either since the last update. Anyways, have you checked on Settings } Battery } Show battery usage?

That way you'll see if a specific app is draining your battery.
Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Frequest Sudden Shutdown

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have checked. Idling, Android OS, Andoroid System and Cell Standby consume buttery.

I expect further update which improves battery...