account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Flashlight bug on Z5 Premium after MM update

Apprentice
Message 61 of 67
Message 61 of 67

Re: Flashlight bug on Z5 Premium after MM update

That update made no difference to the issue on my z5c
Commissioner
Message 62 of 67
Message 62 of 67

Z5P - Flash Icon shows and sometimes doesn't

There is a bug where when ever I need the Flashlight it disappeared! I go in quick settings and try to added it, even thought it's already added, and won't show. I either have to restart or try it later and it's there. Someone else says it's common problem/bug with the Z5P.

I heard there is a new smart phone (I think a Chinese manufacturer) that notices if the light sensor dark, or put your finger over the sensor, the Flashlight icon is available on your lock screen. That would be nice touch!

Sincerely,

Pressefr

Emperor
Message 63 of 67
Message 63 of 67

Re: Z5P - Flash Icon shows and sometimes doesn't

@pressefr

The first issue has been reported before, use the search bar and you will find the thread/post

as for the second suggestion

You have an android device, embrace the playstore 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 64 of 67
Message 64 of 67

Re: Z5P - Flash Icon shows and sometimes doesn't

Regarding embracing the store, I really think it's a developmental thing making the small things a little bit better.

I guess the best alternative is "Okay Google, turn on flashlight" it those known glitchy siutations.

Screenshot_20170111-034213.png

Rookie
Message 65 of 67
Message 65 of 67

Still no solution for this Sony ? It's been almost a year. 

Commissioner
Message 66 of 67
Message 66 of 67

Not at all... Always happends when I need it the most too! Even the Google comand can't circumvent it. Nor pulling out the camera app.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 67 of 67
Message 67 of 67

I got the flashlight problem too with my z5 premium. But i dont know why hapend this months later, i dont installed any update. Thanks for nothing Sony, why you cant just develop own soft, this little glitches and bugs motives me NEVER buy a goddamn androidcellphone i think about iphone when i buy new cellphone. There is always somthing wrong with this android system.