account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

[Fix]Nougat Battery Drain

Adviser
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

[Fix]Nougat Battery Drain

Hello there ,seems some users are experiencing Phone idle battery issue , Here are some Fixes I found on Google(Please reply if any one of them works for you )

1.Try Resetting App Permissions

2.Turn off Android Device manager from Security>device administrators

3.Turn off Location and NFC and Bluetooth

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: [Fix]Nougat Battery Drain

Think you may have something here... yesterday I disabled the Android Device Manager for other reasons and this morning to my surprise the battery was as I had left it the night before.

Could this actually be the root of all these issues? I will let you know as the day progresses

Adviser
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Great ! Also I've found that those issues are not Sony's Fault but Google as Nexus 6P(This mobile gets update "directly" from google)are experiencing same battery,headphone,WiFi and Bluetooth issues. 

But there are some workarounds ,just keep posting your progress ,let's see how it goes Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Unfortunately, my phone still drain battery after that
Apprentice
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I´ve finally, after weeks of suffering, resolved the battery drain on my handset :-)

About Phone

Status

Turn OFF phone optimization, the phone reboots and this is what I had this morning

Screenshot_20170319-095151[1].png

Th enext step is to continue on this discharge cycle, turn the optimization back on and full charge. Maybe at this point it may act as intended

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@wildbit62 wrote:

I´ve finally, after weeks of suffering, resolved the battery drain on my handset :-)

About Phone

Status

Turn OFF phone optimization, the phone reboots and this is what I had this morning

Screenshot_20170319-095151[1].png

Th enext step is to continue on this discharge cycle, turn the optimization back on and full charge. Maybe at this point it may act as intended

Hi,

Which Bluetooth services do you have running?

I've found some interesting things with some of the apps that are bundled that use a Bluetooth service. I ended up managing Bluetooth with a 3rd party app to give extra battery life.

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Learner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Insane battery drain z5 dual 7.0

Insane battery drain don't know how to fix it, red all themes already and nothing helped me.
Minus 50% but used phone only 20 minutes in active mode, Xperia companion not change it.
http://s56.radikal.ru/i154/1703/e2/062411c7a482.png
Apprentice
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

lots of BT I use.... In car, Plantronics Edge headset and a smartband, always on...

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

I turned off adaptive brightness... that seems to have fixed me heating and battery drain issue

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

@MeInMer wrote:

I turned off adaptive brightness... that seems to have fixed me heating and battery drain issue

Has anyone else tried this?

I tried it and it kind of works but having adaptative brightness is a little bit umconfortable.