account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Fingerprint sensor

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Fingerprint sensor

Hi

My fingerprint doesn't work at all in the past 12 months

I've remembered my phone was shocked but not too hard and after that fingerprint didn't work even my fingerprint option in settings doesn't exist anymore

Plz help me

I want my fingerprint Slightly frowning Face

P.S: sorry for my weak english

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fingerprint sensor

Hi @Mammadjavadfarjam, I am sorry to hear about this.

If the fingerprint option has stopped being available in the phone, I suggest that you repair the software in your phone using Xperia Companion. Please note that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so make sure to do a backup of your user data before proceeding with the repair in order to prevent data loss.

If the software repair do not manage to improve the functionality of the fingerprint sensor, I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team in order to have your phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.