account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Fingerprint scanner issues

Commissioner
Message 61 of 109
Message 61 of 109

Re: Oily skin and Z5 finger print scanner

I think that your oily skin is inadapt for Z5 scanner so or you dry your skin before to let scan your fingers or sell your phone :p

No better ways than these

Or, at latest, you could try to record your fingers with a bit of oily skin, and not fully oilied ...

Why don't u try to see if in this way could improve ?
One time poster
Message 62 of 109
Message 62 of 109

Re: Fingerprint scanner issues

Hi, i'm also having some issue with the finger print thing, after i updated to the latest firmware 6.0 it won't allow me to unlock my device by just using finger print, but instead it unlocks the device but before that i still have to input my pin so it would unlock it's self. T_T

*Tried restarting

*Tried tinkering with the settings

Adept
Message 63 of 109
Message 63 of 109

@Danny_Brewer
@Sopheus
@Danman

I had/have the same buzz/hardware-like issue. Take care when upgrading to 6.0, as this Fingerprint hardare issue combined with a Google Play-service update may result in a System UI crash (permanent crash and loop, which may trigger also unability to access files on internal storage!!!)

Please check these 2 topics:

System UI stops after 6.0 update

Z5 Fingerprint management closing

One time poster
Message 64 of 109
Message 64 of 109

After I update my Xperia Z5 my fingerprint scanner is lost I cant find it on my Settings, Sony what sould I do? This feature is important, why is it missing after I update to marshmallow.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 65 of 109
Message 65 of 109

First of all, do not restart your phone, as you might bump into the System UI issue (see above).

And disable automaic update in Google Play.

If I were you I would install e.g. AirDroid (and test it as well), should I lose access to my files because of the System UI issue, and I would also enable Developer options/Debug mode (and test connection with a PC through USB).

One time poster
Message 66 of 109
Message 66 of 109

Hi I got my z5c for two months now, my fingerprint reader works perfectly until two days ago I've updated Android to 6.0 and now it's useless, so I'm absolutely sure it's software related did try everything with no luck, wish I didn't update...
One time poster
Message 67 of 109
Message 67 of 109

Mine was the same, just set multiple scans for the same finger and it seems to make it work haha. Slightly smiling Face Hope this helped!
Visitor
Message 68 of 109
Message 68 of 109

Do not use PIN. It will trigger the same issues. I switch to Pattern while waiting for an updates from Sony.

Adviser
Message 69 of 109
Message 69 of 109

Are you using any other app to lock your phone? I had the same problem. I was using Soft Screen Lock app and it was causing the fingerprint scanner to fail. I uninstalled it and finger print scanner works flawlessly. 

Message 70 of 109
Message 70 of 109

What I've found is the scan range is more focused now, I move my finger very little when adding it and it seems to work fine most of the time.