account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Fingerprint manager missing

One time poster
Message 41 of 61
Message 41 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing after Nougat 7.0 upgrade

I have the exact same problem, after upgrading to 7.1.1 my fingerprint scanner is gone, and the options in security are gone as well. This is the first time I lose a feature of the phone after installing an official upgrade. The scanner is an immensely useful feature of the phone, losing it is a huge usability loss.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 42 of 61
Message 42 of 61

Hi @lumogas, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps that I have previously posted in this thread? If you have, how did it go?

Keep me posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 43 of 61
Message 43 of 61

Already panicking after noticing the feature is missing, but after googling abit. finaly to find out is been world wide issue.

1st time in life to experience the matter.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 44 of 61
Message 44 of 61

Hi @SK_Ng, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this behaviour.

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting posted in this thread? If you have, how did it go?

Please keep me posted!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 45 of 61
Message 45 of 61

Anyone from Sony looking in...

It's blatantly obvious that the Fingerprint Scanner has become a rather large issue for a wide range of Xperia users, myself included. I just bought a new Z5, and the scanner doesn't work at all, I've done 2 Software Repairs using Xperia Companion and booted in safe mode etc... Nothing has fixed it. It doesn't respond at all to any finger placement. 

Surely there will be some sort of update or fix for this shortly? I'm UK based, running Android 7.1.1 

If this isn't fixed I'll be returning my new Z5 and replacing it with either Samsung or LG. Pretty abysmal for a company the size of Sony to get this wrong and do nothing about it. All of your suggestions to fix this issue are not working for anybody. 

Please rectify this as it's a huge problem for a he'll of a lot of users. 

Apprentice
Message 46 of 61
Message 46 of 61

Agreed. It's very unfortunate because up to last month sometimes it works then it just stops. I restart my phone and still wouldn't work, then another time I restart it and it starts back. There seems to be no definite answer to this issue had has become a phone I will use for Carnival or jouvert (or if I need a paper weight).

I fixed my problem by buying the xz premium (because I couldn't bring myself to go back Samsung and not yet ready to go Apple) but my fingerprint scanner on my z5 is still as unreliable as Trinidad's weather system. I really hope Sony doesn't just abandon this simply because it has newer models. People want to buy new phones (most times) because of newer features, not because the features on their phone phone has stopped working.

Adviser
Message 47 of 61
Message 47 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing

Same Problem here on a Z5 from Tmobile Austria.

Fingerprint menu entry is gone :-(

One time poster
Message 48 of 61
Message 48 of 61

Same problem. What's the go already?

Adviser
Message 49 of 61
Message 49 of 61

Solution for fingerprint issues with my Xperia Z5!

Here my Workaround:

I activate Sony Movie Creator again (software was deactivated since the Version Marshmallow)

and then i update to latest version in Google Play Store.

After reboot always works fine with Android Nougat 7.1.1

Now Fingerprinthardware works again and also menu entry appears in settings (display & security) !

:-)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 50 of 61
Message 50 of 61

Hello everyone, very sorry to hear that all of you are experiencing this behaviour.

@Dons1903, If you still can't add a fingerprint or see the setting in the device after completing a software repair, please get in touch with your Local support so they can arrange a repair for you as the device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre.

@Sonyfanboy0542, To make sure that this is not caused by the software in your Xperia Z5, try and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

This will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the device, so it it advised that you create a backup using Xperia Companion before you start with the repair.

If it's still not working when you try and unlock your device, please get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

@Abcdefghijklmnopoop, Have you tried any of the previous troubleshooting in this thread? If you have, please get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further with having your device examined by a trained technician.

Keep me posted!