account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Fingerprint manager missing

Sony Xperia Support
Message 31 of 61
Message 31 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing after Nougat 7.0 upgrade

Hello @Vyankatesh, sorry to hear about this.

Based on the troubleshooting you have already done on your own, your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre. Please get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you with this.

Hi @Monyy, I apologize for the late reply.

Do I understand correctly that you are experiencing this behaviour with certain applications but you are able to unlock your phone using one of your fingerprints?

If you are, make sure that the application has the correct permissions to use your fingerprint. Settings > Apps > name of the app > Permissions and/or Settings > Apps > 3 dots > Show system > Fingerprint Manager > Permissions.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question!

@Sonyfanboy0542, That sounds very strange indeed. I can see that you previously have performed a software repair and it didn't work, then you updated your phone to Android 7.0 and it came back again.

In your case, your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre. I'd recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

Keep me posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 32 of 61
Message 32 of 61

I did put my phone on safe mode and the fingerprint manager did appear again but I couldn't install a fingerprint. It wouldn't let me.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 33 of 61
Message 33 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing

oh... this is the prime example of https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/7-1-1-Firmware-amp-The-importance-of-...

any time any app appears as 0kb in the app settings page, it means it never loaded during the firmware upgrade, and could possibly have been missed or corrupted. the app itself is still present in the system partition, but not extracted for run time.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Fingerprint-manager-missing/m-p/11958...

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/E-mail-Calendar/Email-app-12-0-A-0-30-for-X-Performance/m-p/1207923

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 34 of 61
Message 34 of 61

Hi @2Layla_, sorry to hear about this and I apologize for the late reply.

In this case I'd recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will reinstall the latest available software in your phone.

The software repair will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the phone so creating a backup using Xperia Companion is advised.

If you still can't add fingerprint(s) after the software repair has been completed, your device will need to be examined by a trained technician at an authorized service centre and your Local support will assist you further.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 35 of 61
Message 35 of 61

There is no Fingerprint

Translation via Google translate:
Excuse me because my Sony xperia z5 does not have fingerprint someone help me please

Disculpe porque mi sansung xperia z5 no tiene huella dactilar alguien q me ayude porfa

Message 36 of 61
Message 36 of 61

Re: There is no Fingerprint

@Inmarmena96

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

If your phone's origin is from the USA, then I'm afraid that the fingerprint sensor will be disabled from the software for legal reasons.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 37 of 61
Message 37 of 61

Z5 Fingerprint Sensor

Hey, I've been facing this problem for a while. My Fingerprint sensor doesn't work for a reason and I highly believe it is software-based. Any suggestions to solve this?

Plus, I don't have the "Fingerprint sensor" option in settings-about phone- diagnosis-test

Adviser
Message 38 of 61
Message 38 of 61

Re: Z5 Fingerprint Sensor

Guys, I had the same issue.  Fingerprint scanner sits on power button PCB, and connects to it by flex cable through a mini socket. Problem is in that socket — it does not fix well, connection can become loose, most likely if you drop your phone. My FP did not work, also got my rear glass broken, so I got access to internals. I've cleaned FP and reassembled… and it worked! 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 39 of 61
Message 39 of 61

Hi @Velona, sorry to hear about this and I apoligize for the late reply.

Do you still have the option to enable fingerprint in Settings > Lock screen & security > Fingerprint Manager, or is this option missing as well?

If it is, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will reinstall the latest available software so we can make sure that this is not the cause of this behaviour.

Do note that when you perform a software repair, all data on the internal storage of the phone will be deleted, so it is important that you create a backup using Xperia Companion before you start with the repair.

Should you still not be able to add a fingerprint, please get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

Keep me posted on your progress!

@LeDude, sorry to hear about the back panel of your phone, however I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve this!

Adviser
Message 40 of 61
Message 40 of 61

It is nothing compared to broken bluetooth…