account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Fingerprint manager missing

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 61
Message 11 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing

Hi Guys,

If you continue to have issues after a repair to the phone's software then this is likely related to the fingerprint scanner, it may be that the hardware is not functioning correctly.

Based on the above, I would suggest having your devices inspected by a service agent to help clarify and resolve this issue for you.

Use my signature below to find contact details for your region.

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 12 of 61
Message 12 of 61

Z5 fingerprint sofware gone?!

One day my fingerprint scanner softwere went missing. I checked from settings>security>screenlock and there is no fingerprint option anymore. I did restar, reboot, checked the updates - nothing. Its just dont exsist anymore. Dont know what to do anymore. Before im settings it back to the repair, i want to know if there is another way to fix it. Otherwise i have to wait at least 2-3 weeks to get my phone back from repairing center. Help anymore?
Message 13 of 61
Message 13 of 61

Re: Z5 fingerprint sofware gone?!

@Joosep

Did you try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion? This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Follow the steps given in the blue link, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 14 of 61
Message 14 of 61

I will try it and give info did it work or not.
One time poster
Message 15 of 61
Message 15 of 61

Nope, it didnt helped me. Its just like Z5 dont have any fingerprint software or like even hardware anymore. It came like silent thundetstruck and then the system was gone. Dont know what to do.
Learner
Message 16 of 61
Message 16 of 61

Fingerprint option disappeared today

A few weeks back I had some trouble with the fingerprint scanner, most of the times it didn't even see my finger. After the 7.0 update I received Tuesday it worked again :-)

But today at the startscreen it said: hardware isn't available when putting my finger on the power button. So I thought: let's restart! After restarting I did not get any message after putting my finger on the power button and all the fingerprint options in the security tab are gone. The app: Fingerprint management is still on/present, but when searching in the settings to the finger print it isn't there, it is now also gone at *#*#7378423#*#*, normally there is an option to check fingerprint sensor but not today I guess..

My phone is Dutch, bought here and never rooted or unofficially updated. I just randomly happened after dinner when I restarted my phone. See pictures for proof.

Knipsel111.PNG0609feef-c37d-42fe-a7e1-50a041744c70.jpg54a9ffc1-71b3-4129-8b90-fd9314d809be.jpg7798da48-dc59-418c-996a-5bf4cbf403c1.jpgefdf7bc6-30d4-48d1-9af5-ca359921de94.jpg

My warrenty lasts until september 2017. 

With kind regards,

Tjörven Stienen

One time poster
Message 17 of 61
Message 17 of 61

Fingerprint options missing

recently had my phone repaired from a smashed screen, 

setting it up it asked me to setup fingerprint i did then when i got past setting it up and started using it the fingerprint wasnt set up, so went into the setting to do it myslef and its just not there. 

i have restarted and but my phone into safe mode, this hasnt helped. 

i havent reset it i dont really want to as others have said that didnt help, im hoping to fix this without doing that (just got the phone to how i like it and thats long haha) 

and ideas?? 

makes nosene to me 

also a few people online said the holding power button and volume botton made it work, it doesnt on mine? 

help haha

One time poster
Message 18 of 61
Message 18 of 61

Xperia Z5 no fingerprint option

The fingerprint option desappeared, yesterday i could not use the option and now i can only unlock with my standard
Message 19 of 61
Message 19 of 61

Re: Xperia Z5 no fingerprint option

Hello, @Ferdinand89 and welcome to the community!

Some users have encountered the same issue, it might be either a software glitch or a hardware failure. To make sure you'll have to backup using Xperia Companion (all your important data like call logs, contacts, messages, etc) then perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Follow the steps given in the blue link, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

If the problem persists after the software repair, then we ruled out any software probabilities and you'll need to contact your Local support to get your phone inspected by a professional.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 20 of 61
Message 20 of 61

Re: Fingerprint options missing

No idea's?

I see more people that have the same issue. Please help..