account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Fingerprint manager missing

Apprentice
Message 21 of 61
Message 21 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing

Anyone got this resolved since then? My fingerprint scanner show d same issue yesterday and now I don't know how to fix it. Did the system repair and no luck. I am indeed a big Sony fan so I don't mind that it happened, just need it fixed. Wanted to upgrade to the xz premium but want to do because I want to not have to if that makes any sense. Please share any solutions if available. Thanks 

One time poster
Message 22 of 61
Message 22 of 61

Fingerprint manager missing after Nougat 7.0 upgrade

Fingerprint manager missing after Nougat 7.0 upgrade

Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 61
Message 23 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing after Nougat 7.0 upgrade

Hi @Regan_n, sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

If you go to Settings > Lock screen & security, can you see the setting called "Fingerprint manager" here? If you can't, try rebooting your phone in safe mode and go to the same menu, that way we can rule out that this is caused by a download application in your phone since they are not loaded in safe mode!

You can also check if you can see the application called Fingerprint Manager in Settings > Apps.

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 24 of 61
Message 24 of 61

Lol sad thing is I got back my scanner after I upgraded to nougat this morning.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 61
Message 25 of 61

Hi again @Sonyfanboy0542,

That sounds very strange, however I'm glad to hear that the fingerprint function has reappeared after you updated your phone! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 26 of 61
Message 26 of 61

Well unfortunately it's gone again. Don't know what's happening to be honest and it's very disheartening. Had d Z1, Z5 now and was hoping to upgrade to XZ premium but need to reconsider sadly 😔

Sony Xperia Support
Message 27 of 61
Message 27 of 61

Hi again @Sonyfanboy0542!

I'm sorry to hear that its no longer available in your phone and I understand your frustration.

I would recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion, just to make sure that this isn't caused by the software in your phone.

Do note that a software repair will delete all data from the internal storage of your phone and reinstall the latest available software again, therefor creating a backup using Xperia Companion before starting with the repair is advised!

If the fingerprint manager isn't available after the software repair, your phone will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will arrange a repair for you and answer any questions that you may have regarding local service routines, warranty and so forth!

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause for you.

Learner
Message 28 of 61
Message 28 of 61

Fingerprint hardware not available

I updated my mobile phone android version nought 7.0 since my mobile have fingerprint problem when i plugged in for charging mobile phone then i seen the display message "Fingerprint hardware not available"  I repair my software bt same issue is in process.

Plz help me for what i do now?

One time poster
Message 29 of 61
Message 29 of 61

Hello @jonas !
I have the same problem, in applications if I get the fingerprint administrator, given: you were not asked for permissions, you know how I could reactivate? I have a sony z5 I would appreciate it very much

Regards!

Apprentice
Message 30 of 61
Message 30 of 61

Well mine seems to go ever so often and when I restart twice, it just starts back working.