account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Fingerprint manager missing

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 51 of 61
Message 51 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing after Nougat 7.0 upgrade

Did anyone know how to fix this problem? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 52 of 61
Message 52 of 61

Hi @hydrill, according to one user, it was related to the hardware in his device, so if you have already tried the previous suggested troubleshooting, get in touch with your Local support team and they will arrange a repair for you!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 53 of 61
Message 53 of 61

having the same problem ...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 54 of 61
Message 54 of 61

Hi @segemen, sorry to hear about this.

Have you had the chance to try the previous troubleshooting in this thread? If you haven't done that, I would recommending doing so.

Keep me posted on how it goes!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 55 of 61
Message 55 of 61

Hi @Jonas ,

I have tried everything that written in this topic. Including xperia movie maker related solution. I also tried repair option of "xperia companion" as the last option. No solution ... I gave it to technical service ...

I know this forum is not a place for complaining about service but, that problem started when I received my phone from technical service. Technical service kept phone for 4 weeks for the first repair (it was another problem). and now I will probably gonna wait for another 4 weeks ...

I got used to my old nokia again Face with stuck-out Tongue ...

Learner
Message 56 of 61
Message 56 of 61

It seems to be a common well known issue after updating to Nougat as I'm facing this issue since 2017 and I contacted the tech. Support but all what I got is ping pong email with no resolution 

Despite the major number of complaints regarding this issue Sony refuse to admit that there is a software issue due to the last update 😏😏

One time poster
Message 57 of 61
Message 57 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing

I have just finished software repair for another reason as the last update completely messed up my phone.  Now I have no fingerprint manager. This phone was a waste of money! 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 58 of 61
Message 58 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing

Hi @Peelio, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

If you don't see the fingerprint option in the settings of your device and you have performed a software repair already, please get in touch with your Local support team and they will arrange a repair for you, a the device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre.

Keep me posted!

Message 59 of 61
Message 59 of 61

Xperia Z5 phones Finger print went missing

I updated my mobile phone android version nought 7.0  my mobile my fingerprint problem  when i plugged in for charging mobile phone then i seen the display message "Fingerprint hardware not available"  and now the finger print options in the settings is gone  I repair my software bt same issue is still there .I really think of suing them, I guess they did it to make us buy new phones . 

I know that all Xperia users face this problem and the local support did nothing to fix it  Sony should update the phone to fix the problem or do anything  like get there phones back , i will never buy a phone from Sony after thia experience . 

Learner
Message 60 of 61
Message 60 of 61

Re: Xperia Z5 phones Finger print went missing

I'm facing the same here buddy and that's since the last software update which took place on Feb. 2017.

I sent emails, called the support centers and made all sorts of troubleshooting on earth....but nothing changed.

That why when I thought about getting a new phone Sony was never on my list.

I got Samsung Galaxy S10 plus and I'm more than happy with it.