account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Fingerprint manager missing

Rookie
Message 1 of 61
Message 1 of 61

Fingerprint manager missing

A few months ago I dropped my phone and the color of the screen seems a little bit different. I decided to use the warranty given to fix my screen. A few months later my phone is fixed, looks just like a brand new Z5 Premium. But I realized that the fingerprint manager option from the "security" section went missing after I got my phone back. Its not the hardware problem, I guess its the software problem. When I open the "Apps" section I still see the Finger Manager app, and it shows that no permissions requested. So how can I get the fingerprint manager back to work again? Thanks

Security section: http://imgur.com/KXvSLoC

Fingerprint manager still exists on the App section: http://imgur.com/C4SDPzb

No permissions requested: http://imgur.com/EWuzUTG

60 REPLIES 60
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2 of 61
Message 2 of 61

Re: Fingerprint manager missing

Upload images to imgur so you can link and not have to wait for the images to be approved
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Rookie
Message 3 of 61
Message 3 of 61

Already posted the image on imgur.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 4 of 61
Message 4 of 61

The finger print manager shouldn't appear as 0kb

Back everything up to a drive and repair using Xperia companion
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 61
Message 5 of 61

Hi @Steven_S,

I am sorry to hear about this issue, I have supplied instructions on how to perform a software repair on the handset.

software repair using Xperia Companion

Let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 6 of 61
Message 6 of 61

Help please, I'm stuck here. http://imgur.com/a/cjEYU It won't let me proceed to the next step. Any idea why? I followed the step exactly like what it says but it still doesn't automatically proceeds to the next step and I can't even press the "next" button.

Post with 202 views.
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 7 of 61
Message 7 of 61

Does the PC see the phone if you just plug it in to get Files off it?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 61
Message 8 of 61

Hi @Steven_S,

When you get to this stage, the first thing I suggest doing is doing a reset to the device.

Hold down the Power key and the Volume Up key until the handset vibrates 3 times or just hold them for around 15 seconds.

Once this step is done follow through with the instructions supplied within Xperia Companion, make sure that the handset is completely powered down through this process and when it asks you to hold down the volume down key on the device make sure to hold it then plug in the USB cable and then continue to hold, do not let get go of the volume down key until Xperia Companion moves to the next step.

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 9 of 61
Message 9 of 61

I've done the Software repair just now, and seems like nothing changed. Still got no sign of the Fingerprint manager. Any idea why? Slightly frowning Face Thanks

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 10 of 61
Message 10 of 61

It is same on my Z5. What should we do to take fingerprint manager again Sony?